Hegel H80 Black Details
- Integrated amplifier/digital-to-analog converter (DAC) with USB input
- Balanced and unbalanced connections
- 2 x 75W into 8 Ohms
- Incorporates Hegel’s renowned SoundEngine amplifier modules
- FET transistors for reduced distortion
— Doug Schneider, Soundstage
The H80 integrated amplifier with digital and analog inputs includes Hegel’s patented SoundEngine output stages, reference-quality preamp and critically acclaimed digital-to-analog converter (DAC), all in one box! A veritable music machine, the H80 features 5 digital inputs with 24-bit technology, 1 true balanced analog input and 2 unbalanced analog inputs (one of which can be configured to be a Home Theater direct input). The USB input even allows you to use the supplied remote control to maneuver within play lists on your computer. You can Skip / Play / Pause the songs, and it’s all Plug & Play for the ultimate in ease-of-use.
With the hand-matched FET transistor pairs, ultra-silent preamplifier and SoundEngine technology, the Hegel H80 is extremely potent. Quite simply, it reproduces music with all the dynamics, staging, naturalness and sheer power that the artist intended.
The DAC is based on Hegel’s stand-alone DACs, which have been recognized by critics as some of the best in the industry, thanks to Hegel’s proprietary re-clocking technique and unique implementation of digital components. The result is less additives to the music, so you only hear what you are supposed to.
The analog stage is equally as impressive. The preamplifier stage comes directly from one of Hegel’s Reference stand-alone preamplifiers. With extremely low noise, all the finer details are preserved and you can virtually “feel” the room the artist is performing in. Hegel’s SoundEngine technology not only reduces distortion, it also dramatically increases the damping factor. This is a description of bass control, and gives the H80 a level of punch, driving power and dynamics that is completely unheard of in this price range.
The H80 includes both coaxial/optical and USB inputs (coaxial, optical is hard switched), as well as RCA and XLR analog connections. All have Hegel’s proprietary re-clocking and 24-bit technology.
Full HD resolution
The H80 supports full High Definition Audio with a resolution of 24bits / 192kHz on the coaxial and optical inputs. The USB is fully plug & play with up to 24 bits / 96 kHz resolution.
|Name||Hegel H80 Black|
|Sub Title||Integrated Amp, Built-in Digital-to-Analog Converter|
|Manufacturer Part#||H80 Black|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|
- Digital inputs: 2 coax, 2 optical and 1 USB
- Analog inputs: 2 RCA unbalanced (1 configurable) and 1 XLR Balanced input
- Output Power: 75 W pc into 8 Ohms, 125 W pc into 4 Ohms
- Frequency response: 5 Hz - 100.000 Hz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: More than 100dB
- Crosstalk: Less than -100dB
- Distortion: Less than 0.01% @ 50W 8 Ohms 1kHz
- Intermodulation: Less than 0.01% (19kHz + 20kHz)
- Damping Factor: More than 1000
- Dimensions/Weight: 10cm x 43cm x 34.5cm (HxWxD), 12kg
- Dimensions/Weight US: 3.94" x 16.93" x 13.80" (HxWxD), 26.4 lb (shipping weight)