B&W 705 S2 - Bookshelf Speaker (Rosenut)
- 2-way vented-box system
- Decoupled Carbon Dome tweeter
- Solid Body Tweeter on top
- Continuum cone bass / midrange
The 705 S2 is an uncompromising two-way speaker reveals subtle nuances in music others miss. Its high performance features include a solid body tweeter-on-top design borrowed from the 800 Series Diamond.
Solid Body tweeter
Milled from a solid block of aluminium, the solid body tweeter housing design creates an acoustically optimized housing for the tweeter – one that’s exceptionally inert and resistant to resonances.
Carbon Dome™ tweeter
Carbon Dome™ tweeters are a brand new technology purpose-built for the 700 Series. Delivering a dramatic improvement on the aluminium double-dome tweeter, they raise the breakup threshold to 47 kHz, for pinpoint imaging accuracy and detail.
First introduced with the 800 Series Diamond, the Continuum™ cone represents the biggest step-change in midrange performance since Kevlar®. Its woven, coated material provides highly controlled break-up, resulting in a more open, neutral midrange.
- Description: 2-way vented-box system
- Drive units:
- 1 x ø 25 mm (1 in) Decoupled Carbon Dome high-frequency
- 1 x ø 165 mm (6.5 in) Continuum cone bass / midrange
- Frequency range: -6dB at 45Hz and 33kHz
- Frequency response: 50Hz - 28kHz ±3dB
- Sensitivity: 88dB spl (2.83Vrms, 1m)
- Harmonic distortion:
- 2nd and 3rd harmonics (90dB, 1m)
- <1% 100Hz - 22kHz
- <0.5% 150Hz - 20kHz
- Nominal impedance: 8Ω (minimum 3.7Ω)
- Recommended amplifier power: 30 W - 120 W into 8Ω on unclipped programme
- Height: 340 mm (13.4 in) cabinet only / 407 mm (16 in) including tweeter
- Width: 200 mm (7.8 in)
- Depth: 285 mm (11.2 in) cabinet only / 301 mm (11.9 in) including grille and terminals
- Net weight: 9.3 kg (20.5 lb)
- Finishes Cabinet: Gloss Black
- Grille: Black
|Sub Title||Bookshelf Speaker|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|