GoldenEar ForceField 3
GoldenEar ForceField 3 Ultra-Compact High Output Subwoofer
- 1000 Watt Ultra-Compact High Output Subwoofer
- One 8" High Output Bass Driver
- One 9" x 11" Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiator
- Custom-designed high-output drivers with very large motor assemblies
- Rigid cabinets with non-parallel sides to minimize standing waves and distortion
- Matte Black finish
The ultra-compact ForceField 3 is the smallest and most affordable ForceField sub. With its 1000-watt digital amp, 8" high-power long-throw active driver and 9-5/8" x 11-3/8" quadratic planar infrasonic radiator, ForceField 3 ROCKS!
GoldenEar’s ForceField subwoofers have been engineered from the ground up to combine subtle musical detail with earth-shaking high-impact power; all in attractive, compact enclosures which blend well into any décor.
The award-winning ForceField Subwoofer’s unique and attractive cabinet shape, with its non-parallel cabinet walls (the top is narrower than the bottom when viewed from the front), helps the ForceField subs achieve extraordinarily deep and tuneful bass that is ideal for music and movies. The cutting-edge amplifier design employs state-of-the-art DSP control for frequency shaping so the subs produce accurate, consistent and musical bass performance.
Many of today’s subs fall into either the ultra-compact high-output category or the (larger) high performance, extended response, high-output category. These two design types tend to offer different performance benefits, the ultra compact having the ability to play extremely loud, but over a narrower bandwidth and the large subs having this high output plus more extended response.
GoldenEar’s aim was to accomplish the best of both worlds with the new ForceField subwoofers: small size, yet with the smooth & wide response of a larger sub. There’s no sleight of hand, just great engineering - all ForceField subs share the same technologies, here is a list of their features.
- Custom-designed high-output drivers with very large motor assemblies, capable of handling massive power, have very long excursions, and have ultra-low distortion.
- Rigid cabinets with non-parallel sides to minimize standing waves and distortion. The drivers are front firing in all of our subwoofers for optimal performance.
- The driver's response is enhanced with a carefully tuned, down-firing, quadratic-shaped passive radiator (no noisy ports on ForceField subs). The quadratic shape allows the radiators to use maximum surface area on the bottom of the cabinets and gets even greater output from the slot-loading that results from the subwoofers' interface with the floor.
- The soft, energy-absorbing feet provided with every ForceField sub serve a number of functions. First, they hold the sub the correct distance off the floor so the passive radiator slot-loads with it for significantly increased output at the lowest frequencies. Second, the soft feet keep the sub from dancing around on the floor.
- ForceField subwoofer amplifiers are designed in-house by GoldenEar engineering team, so each is the perfect amp to power its specific subwoofer model. Additionally, the amps all have powerful DSP sections to optimize frequency response, minimize distortion and prevent damage from overdriving. These amplifiers are all low distortion and extraordinarily powerful (up to 1500 watts on the ForceField 5) for reproducing seriously high-output AND low bass.
- ForceField subs all have speaker-level inputs and outputs (with a high pass crossover on the outputs) as well as a direct LFE input, too.
There is a huge selection of subs on the market; but with the latest technology, ForceField subs offer a real value. There is nothing available at these price points that will play lower or louder, with less noise and distortion, than the ForceField subs. The ForceField subs are almost as small as many of the ultra compact models, yet they outperform many of the big boys.
- Dimensions (height is with feet installed): 11-3/8˝ W x 15-3/4˝ D x 11-1/2˝ H
- Weight : 26 lbs (product) / 32 lbs (shipping)
- Frequency Response: 18 Hz - 250 Hz
- Amplifier: 1000 watt ForceField Digital Amplifier
- Driver Complement:
- One - 8˝ Long-Throw High-Output Bass Driver
- One - 9˝ x 11˝ Quadratic Planar Infrasonic Radiator
- Speaker Level High‐Pass Filter: 6 dB per octave at 150 Hz (approx.)
- Speaker Level Low‐Pass Filter: 12 dB per octave continuously variable from 40 - 150 Hz
- Low‐Level Input (Mono): Unfiltered (no low-pass), direct coupled
|Sub Title||Ultra-Compact High Output Subwoofer|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|