McIntosh D150 Stereo Preamplifier: Digital done right
- Supports many of the latest digital audio formats such as DSD and DXD
- A unique DIN input connects to select McIntosh SACD/CD transports or players for the purist possible sound quality
- USB input accepts up to 32-bit/384kHz signals and supports DSD64, DSD128, DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz
- Two coaxial and two optical inputs accept up to 24-bit/192kHz signals
- Advanced Quad Balanced, Digital-to-Analog circuitry is capable of handling the finest commercial recordings, assuring the best sound from your valuable music collection
- The D150 is also a superb headphone amplifier; just connect your digital sources for a personal listening experience
— audio-activity.com on the D150 and MCT450
The D150 digital stereo preamplifier expands McIntosh's digital music capabilities by supporting many of the newest digital audio formats such as DSD and DXD. A USB input accepts up to 32-bit/384kHz signals and supports DSD64, DSD128, DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. Two coaxial and two optical inputs accept up to 24-bit/192kHz signals. The D150 provides a simple solution to add the latest digital music formats to your existing system.
It pays to have the right connections
Balanced and unbalanced connections are available for both variable and fixed volume audio outputs, providing flexibility in setting up and connecting your system. Or simply add an amplifier, a pair of speakers and a digital source for a complete digital based stereo system. For enjoying SACDs, the unique DIN input connects to select McIntosh models with a DIN output — like the MCT450 SACD/CD transport — to deliver the purist possible sound quality. It's also flexible enough to be used as a headphone amplifier; just connect your digital sources and a pair of headphones, such as the MHP1000 (not included), for a personal listening experience.
Superior D to A conversion
The D150 uses the same revered DAC as the D100, featuring an 8-channel, 32-bit, 500kHz D/A converter with wide dynamic range and extremely low distortion. Eight channel D/A converter is used in stereo Quad Balanced mode. Music at all levels is reproduced with extreme precision and elegance. A 1/8-inch mini jack is provided for control data from the data output jack of a McIntosh preamp or A/V Control Center. It shares the classic façade, knobs and handcrafted black-glass front panels as all other McIntosh components in a small form factor of just under 4 inches in height.
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.0015%
- Frequency response: +/-0.5dB from 4Hz to 20
|Sub Title||Stereo Digital Preamplifier|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|