McIntosh MC257 - Power Amplifier
MC257 - 7-Channel Power Amplifier: Bring Your Home Theater Dreams to Life!
- 250 Watts x 3 Channels; 200 Watts x 7 Channels
- TripleView Power Output Meter
- 94% increase in Dynamic Headroom
- Dynamic Power Manager; Power Guard
- Features five McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks that efficiently and silently cool the amplifier
- Can be paired with either McIntosh MI128 or MI254 digital amplifiers in theaters that have more than 7-channels
- Designed for home theaters
- Direct LED lighting of the front panel
Experience the latest blockbusters along with your favorite movies like never before in your home theater with the sound quality and power only the McIntosh MC257 7-Channel Power Amplifier can deliver.
The MC257 features the new eye-catching TripleView Power Output Meter that independently indicates the real time power reading of the amplifier’s three front channels. The easy-to-read, 15" (38 cm) wide TripleView meter design is a streamlined approach to the three individual meters found on McIntosh's previous generation 7-channel home theater amplifier. Instead of three separate meter windows each housing a single meter, the TripleView features three of McIntosh's traditional mechanical meters in a single meter enclosure. While a totally new design, each of the three pointers in the TripleView meter have the same inviting motion that McIntosh meters are known for and perform at the same high level as any of their meters. The captivating look and glow of the TripleView meter is sure to be a conversation starter, but its trademarked blue lighting can be turned off so as not to compete with your TV or movie screen.
When using just the front left, center and right channels, power output has been increased by 25% from 200 Watts per channel to 250 Watts per channel. When using all 7 channels, each will receive a healthy 200 Watts per channel. Regardless of how many channels are used, the full 200 or 250 Watts is delivered to either 4 or 8 Ohm speakers via the Dynamic Power Manager (DPM) technology. Filter capacity has been increased by 20% which has produced an amazing 94% increase in dynamic headroom from 1.7dB to 3.3dB as well as improving low frequency performance – both key features in a home theater amplifier, especially when listening to an energetic soundtrack.
The MC257 comes with five of the McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks which are connected to advanced high current output transistors to efficiently and silently cool the amplifier; as a result, noisy cooling fans that can interfere with the movie soundtrack are not needed. A quiet, specially wound toroidal isolation power transformer also helps keep noise to a minimum. Speaker terminals have been updated to McInstosh's standard gold-plated binding posts that prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent to your home theater speakers. McIntosh power management system that will turn the amplifier off after a set amount of time when no input signal has been detected has also been added.
Moreover, the MC257 comes with steadfast McIntosh technologies like Power Guard to prevent potential speaker damage caused by clipping and over-driving of the amplifier. McIntosh Sentry Monitor technology protects against short-circuits by disengaging the output stage should the current ever exceed safe operating levels (it then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal). Both balanced and unbalanced inputs are included to connect the MC257 home theater amplifier to your home theater processor.
The MC257 can be utilized in many ways: it can power a 7-channel home theater by itself; it can be paired with either MI128 or MI254 digital amplifiers in home theaters that have more than 7-channels; or it can be used in 5-channel home theaters with 2 of its channels available to power a second audio zone in your home.
The MC257 sits on a polished stainless steel chassis and bears the classic McIntosh design of a black glass front panel with the TripleView meter, illuminated logo, control knobs, and aluminum end caps.
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.
- ELECTRONIC SPECIFICATIONS
- Power Output per Channel:
- 3 Front Channels only: 250W @ 4 or 8 Ohms
- All 7 Channels: 200W @ 4 or 8 Ohms
- Number of Channels: 7
(can also be used as a 2-zone amplifier with 5 channels in zone A and 2 channels in zone B)
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.005%
- S/N below rated output: 108dB
- Dynamic Headroom: 3.3dB
- Damping Factor:
- >70 @ 4 Ohms
- >140 @ 8 Ohms
- Rated Power Band: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Frequency Response:
- +0, -0.25dB from 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100,000Hz
- Remote Power Control: Yes, 7 or 5 + 2 Channel
- Multi-Channel DB25 Cable: No
- GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS
- Circuit Configuration: Push-Pull Complementary
- Circuit Design: Solid State
- Mono Bridge: N/A
- Mono Parallel: N/A
- Output Type: Direct Coupled with Dynamic Power Manager®
- Meters: Yes
- Meter Light Switch: Yes
- Balanced Input: 7
- Front Panel: Glass
- Illumination: Direct LED
- Chassis Style: Polished stainless steel & black painted steel
- Speaker Binding Post Type: Standard
- WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/2" (44.5cm) x 9-7/16" (23.9cm) (including feet) x 21" (53.3cm) (including front panel and cables)
- Weight: 95 lbs (43 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 128 lbs (58 kg)
- Power Output per Channel:
|Sub Title||7-Channel Solid State Amplifier|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY|