McIntosh MHA150 2-Channel Headphone Amplifier/DAC/Integrated Amp: Compact and versatile
- Supports DSD64, DSD128 & DSD256 files
- 3 headphone impedance ranges
- Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) brings added dimension to your music in a natural sounding way.
- Offers a secure DSD connection for playback of SACDs when paired with the McIntosh MCT450 SACD/CD Transport.
- Same width as the MB50 Streaming Audio Player, so the two could be combined to start building a complete system.
- Powerful and versatile enough to drive a pair of quality desktop or small bookshelf speakers via its 50 watt stereo speaker outputs.
The MHA150 Headphone Amplifier is a worthy successor to the critically-acclaimed MHA100. The MHA150 contains the same feature set and performance standards but adds the new 2nd generation digital-to-analog converter (DAC) that provides support for DSD and DXD files to give you access to the latest in digital music.
The MHA150 takes advantage of unique McIntosh technologies to create the best possible personal listening experience regardless of the headphones you use. McIntosh Autoformer technology found in the large mono and stereo amplifiers has been adapted to produce three headphone impedance ranges of 8-40, 40-150 and 150-600 ohms so that every headphone will receive the legendary McIntosh sound quality and performance.
For enjoying DSD and DXD files, the USB input accepts PCM signals up to 32-bit/384kHz and supports DSD64, DSD128 and DSD256 along with DXD 352.8kHz and DXD 384kHz. McIntosh proprietary MCT input has also been added to the MHA150; when paired with the MCT450 SACD/CD Transport, it offers a secure DSD connection for playback of the high definition audio on SACDs.
For connecting digital devices, an optical and coaxial input are included along with the USB and MCT inputs; two analog inputs are also available. Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) brings added dimension to your music in a natural sounding way but can be turned off depending on your preferences. The MHA150 is smaller than other McIntosh amplifiers, giving you additional flexibility to locate it almost anywhere in your space. It’s the same width as the MB50 Streaming Audio Player and the two can be combined to start building a complete system.
The MHA150 is powerful and versatile enough to drive a pair of quality desktop or small bookshelf speakers via its 50 watt stereo speaker outputs. McIntosh patented Power Guard® technology is included and will prevent clipping that could damage your headphones or speakers. A 5 step Bass Boost Control allows for further sound customization. The entire unit is housed in a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis that not only compliments the classic glass front panel, knobs and brushed aluminum end caps, but virtually any room decor.
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.
Headphone Output Specifications :
- HEADPHONE POWER OUTPUT:
- High Selection: 1W
- Normal Selection: 250mW
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT IMPEDANCE:
- 8-40 Ohms
- 40-150 Ohms
- 150-600 Ohms
Electronic Specifications :
- POWER OUTPUT PER CHANNEL: 50 Watts
- SPEAKER IMPEDANCE: 8 Ohms
- RATED POWER BAND: 20Hz to 20kHz
- TOTAL HARMONIC DISTORTION: 0.005%
- INTERMODULATION DISTORTION: 0.005% maximum, if the instantaneous peak power is 100 watts or less per channel with both channels operating for any combination of frequencies from 20Hz to 20kHz
- DYNAMIC HEADROOM: 1.5dB
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE:
- +0, -0.5dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
- +0, -3dB from 10Hz to 100kHz
- SENSITIVITY (UNBALANCED): 300mV
- SENSITIVITY (BALANCED): 600mV
- MAXIMUM INPUT SIGNAL (UNBALANCED): 8V
- MAXIMUM INPUT SIGNAL (BALANCED): 16V
- SIGNAL TO NOISE RATIO: 105dB
- INPUT IMPEDANCE (BALANCED / UNBALANCED): 25K/25K
- DAMPING FACTOR: >150
- PREAMPLIFIER OUTPUT: 3V (8V maximum)
- PREAMPLIFIER OUTPUT IMPEDANCE: 500 Ohms
- VOLTAGE GAIN: 36.5dB
- POWER GUARD: <2% THD with up to 16dB overdrive at 1kHz
- HEADPHONE OUTPUT: 1/4" High Drive with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®)
- BALANCED INPUT: 1
- UNBALANCED INPUT: 1
- DIGITAL AES/EBU INPUT: 0
- DIGITAL COAXIAL INPUT: 1
- DIGITAL OPTICAL INPUT: 1
- DIGITAL MCT (DIN) INPUT: 1
- DIGITAL USB INPUT: 1
- PREAMPLIFIER OUTPUT: 1
Digital Audio Specifications :
- DIGITAL AES/EDU INPUT SAMPLE RATE: N/A
- DIGITAL COAXIAL INPUT SAMPLE RATE: 16-bit, 24-bit - 32kHz to 192kHz
- DIGITAL OPTICAL INPUT SAMPLE RATE: 16-bit, 24-bit - 32kHz to 192kHz
- DIGITAL MCT (DIN) INPUT SAMPLE RATE: 16-bit, 24-bit - 32kHz to 192kHz
- DIGITAL USB INPUT SAMPLE RATE: 16-bit, 24-bit, 32-bit - 32kHz to 384kHz
- TONE CONTROLS: 5 Step Bass Boost Control: 0 to +12.5dB (in 2.5dB steps) @ 40Hz
- POWER CONTROL INPUT: 1
- POWER CONTROL OUTPUT: 1
General Specifications :
- OUTPUT METERS: Yes
- VACUUM TUBE OR SOLID STATE: Solid State
- POWER REQUIREMENT: 120V 50/60Hz, 1.5A
- STANDBY POWER REQUIREMENT: <0.25 Watts
- OUTPUT AUTOFORMER: Yes for Headphones
Weights & Dimensions :
- DIMENSIONS (W x H x D): 11-1/2" (29.2cm) x 5-7/8" (14.9cm) x 18" (45.7cm)
- WEIGHT: 26.5 lbs (12 kg)
- SHIPPING WEIGHT: 32.5 lbs (14.8 kg)
|Sub Title||2-Channel Headphone Amplifier/DAC/Integrated Amp|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|