McIntosh MT10: Ready To Play
- 2-Channel Turntable
- Belt drive; MC cartridge
- Precision Motor and Drive Electronics
- Illuminated Speed Meter
- Multi-Layered Damped Chassis
- Power Control
- Fiber-Optic Illuminated Glass
- Front Panel
- Super Mirror Chassis Finish
It’s time to enjoy a new level of music with the MT10 turntable. This source component can make your home theater system even better.
The McIntosh MT-10 combines with classic McIntosh glass front panel cosmetics with serious mechanics to create a unique, ready-to-play LP solution. With tracking force, anti-skate and cartridge position preset at the factory the McIntosh MT-10 offers high performance LP playback with minimal set up.
The turntable base consists of a damped sandwich of stainless steel and acrylic plate; a unique combination of dissimilar materials that provides a resonance-free foundation for the tonearm. A massive, 12 pound, 2 ½" thick acrylic platter spins on a cushion of air, elevated by a custom magnetic bearing.
A regulated power supply drives a Swiss DC motor which is super-quiet, brushless. Unmatched accuracy is derived from a new electronic speed control that references 1,595 strobe markings per revolution of the platter. Speed adjustments of 331/3, 45, or 78 RPM are made from the front panel and are registered on a blue, backlit McIntosh meter.
A custom tonearm features a rigid, dural-aluminium arm-tube gimbaled in two sapphire (horizontal) and two ceramic (vertical) bearings for the least possible friction. A .5mV moving coil cartridge is included, and features an ebony body with an elliptical stylus.
Ready To Play
Tracking force, anti-skate and cartridge position are all preset. The MT-10 is ready to use just moments after unpacking.
Matched Tone Arm and Cartridge
The MT10 tone arm features a specially dampened Dural-Aluminium armtube. The light weight and rigidity of the tone arm is an ideal mate for the custom, medium-weight moving coil cartridge.
The platter is CNC machined from a special silicone acrylic material to a weight of twelve pounds and a thickness of two and one-half inches for near immunity to bass-robbing resonances.
Magnetic Air Damped Bearing
The MT10 Turntable Platter rotates on a special magnetic bearing; literally suspended on a cushion of air for near friction-free performance.
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.
- CARTRIDGE TYPE : Moving Coil, Low Output
- OUTPUT LEVEL : 0.5 mV at 5 cm/s
- LOAD IMPEDANCE : 400 to 500 Ohms recommended
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE : 20Hz to 50kHz
- CHANNEL SEPARATION : Greater than 30dB at 1Khz
- COMPLIANCE : 6 x 10-6 cm/dyne
- RECOMMENDED TRACKING FORCE : 2.4 g
- CHANNEL DIFFERENCE : Less than 0.3 dB at 1kHz
- TOTAL MASS : 11 g
- STYLUS : Elliptical Diamond
- CANTILEVER MATERIAL : Aluminum
- BEARING : Sapphire and Ceramic
- ARM TUBE : Dural-Aluminum
- COUNTERWEIGHT : Eccentric
- ADJUSTMENTS : VTA, Antiskate, Azimuth
- PLAYBACK SPEEDS : 33 1/3, 45 and 78 rpm
- MOTOR TYPE : DC Brushless
- SPEED CONTROL : Electronic w/ braking feature
- PLATTER : Silicon Acrylic
- PLATTER BEARING : Magnetic Suspended Ceramic
- STEREO OUTPUTS UNBALANCED : 1
- POWER CONTROL INPUT : Yes
- POWER CONTROL OUTPUT : Yes
- PLATTER LIGHT : Yes
- SPEED CONTROL FINE ADJUSTMENT : Yes
- DUST COVER : No
WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS
- DIMENSIONS (W x H x D) : 17-1/2" (44.45 cm) x 8-13/16" (22.38 cm) x 21" (53.34 cm)
Note: Tone Arm Height will vary depending on the type of Cartridge installed.
- WEIGHT : 42 lbs (19 kg)
- SHIPPING WEIGHT : 63 lbs (28.6 kg)
|Sub Title||Precision Turntable|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - IN STORE ONLY|