MOON 820S Power Supply (2-Tone)
ListenUp is proud to be the only authorized Internet dealer for the full line of Simaudio MOON products, and we will gladly accept your online order if there is no authorized dealer in your area. As longtime brick and mortar retailers ourselves, we know the benefits of buying from your local store if one is available. If one is near, we always recommend it. Being able to listen before you buy, nearby after-sales advice and service, someone to come to your home should need arise — these all matter a great deal when needed. Click HERE to see if there is one near you.
820S (2-Tone) - External Power Supply
- Reference Outboard Power Supply which can upgrade the performance of the 740P, 610LP, 810LP, 650D, 750D or 780D
- Features two custom proprietary toroidal transformers with lower magnetic, electrical and thermal loss, yielding an improved power transfer and lower regulation factor. The result is increased current speed and better dynamics; One each for analog and digital power supplies
- Special "pi-type" filters - 2 each for the analog & digital supplies - after the initial voltage rectification stage that reduce AC transmission noise, using 40,000uF of capacitance and Dual choke inductance (2x 20mH)
- The analog and digital supplies each have 4 stages of our M-R2S circuit; A fully discrete voltage regulation circuit using a "precision reference" feeding an amplifier comprised of numerous IC’s and transistors, as opposed to a single voltage regulation chip. M-R2S outputs pure DC power that is exceptionally fast, very precise, has a virtually unmeasureable noise level, as well as absolute stable voltage
- Designed with 4-Layer printed circuit boards with pure copper tracings and extremely low impedance characteristics yielding much shorter signal paths and drastically reduced noise levels
- Accurate matching of the very finest quality electronic components in a symmetrical circuit design
- Ultra rigid chassis construction which minimizes the effects of external vibrations
- Designed to be powered up at all times for optimal performance
- 19" (48cm) wide
The MOON 820S is the large power supply that offers an upgrade path for certain Evolution series models. Making use of everything we know about power supply design with respect to circuit layout, filtration and regulation has gone into the 820S. Designed to elevate the performance of products that already perform stratospherically at their price points, the 820S was created through painstaking R&D, creative ingenuity and a passion for perfection.
820S features state-of-the-art, custom-built dual toroidal transformers, choke filtering, and the MOON Reference Regulation System (M-R2S) circuit, it is capable of doing what was once thought of as virtually impossible: improving on the already superlative power supplies built into our products, by further reducing the noise floor while maintaining an even greater voltage stability. The astonishing sheer "blackness" of the musical background created by the addition of this power supply must be heard to be believed.
The MOON 820S is equipped with two sets of outputs. It can upgrade the performance of any one, or any combination of two of the following MOON Evolution products simultaneously: 740P Preamplifier - 650D, 750D DAC/transports and 780D DAC - 610LP and 810LP phono preamplifiers. Each output provides DC power for both analog circuitry (audio) and digital circuitry (controller, CD transport, front panel displays) on 2 separate and unique XLR type cables.
Moon Evolution 820S
- Transformers: 2 x 0 25VA
- Total Capacitance: 80,000μF
- Total Inductance: 80mH
- Output Voltage (analog supply output 1) : ±20 Volts
- Output Voltage (digital supply output 2) : +14 Volts
- Power Consumption @ idle: 25 Watts
- AC Power Requirements: 120V / 60Hz or 240V / 50Hz
- Shipping Weight: 40 lb. / 18 Kg.
- Dimensions (W x H x D) : 18.75" x 4.0" x 16.8" / 47.6 cm x 10.2 cm x 42.7 cm
|Sub Title||Reference Power Supply|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - TERRITORIAL RESTRICTIONS MAY APPLY|