Polk CS10 (Black) Center Channel Speaker: The most important speaker in your home theater system
- Dual mid-range/woofer drivers (bi-laminate organic fiber cone)
- One 1-inch tweeter (Silk dome Dynamic Balance)
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts
- Polk’s critically tuned flared-port venting system deep produces thoroughly musical bass response
- Warranty: 5 years parts and labor (original purchaser)
The Polk CS10 is a compact, hard-working, high-performance center channel speaker timbre-matched to the TSi Series, so you can build a small home theater for a reasonable price without sacrificing performance. Its innovative angled-top design gives you more placement flexibility; with perfect aiming whether you place it on top of Polk’s TV or below the screen.
In all home theaters, the center channel speaker carries the load of over 50% of a movie’s effects and audio, from directional cues to dialogue. Timbre-matching is important, so that all the speakers in yPolk’s system feature the same tonal qualities (for seamless transitions).
Features at a glance:
- Achieve perfect imaging with more placement flexibility because the angled CS enclosure flips to accommodate TV-top or below-screen placement.
- Unlike other speakers in this price range, TSi enclosures are constructed of extensively braced, solid MDF with 3/4-inch baffles. This virtually eliminates internal resonances and damps energy-stealing vibrations, for more efficient operation and more transparent sound.
- Beautiful pewter accents, a high gloss piano-finish black top plate and Polk’s choice of stylish black or cherry wood-grain finishes make TSi speakers a part of Polk’s decor.
- Polk’s proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows Polk’s engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- TSi design combines smaller drivers (for more overall driver area with less driver mass) and narrow baffle geometry, for wider range and more spacious soundstaging, so every seat in the house hears a prime performance.
- Unlike horns or metal domes, silk dome tweeters deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, even at high volume.
- Durable, efficient, and tuned with Polk’s Dynamic Balance process, TSi Series polymer cones produce smooth, natural sound.
- Surprisingly deep, musical bass response thanks to Polk’s critically tuned flared port venting system, which minimizes port noise (“chuffing”) and smooths the turbulence of port air flow, to reveal big, full-bodied bass that blends effortlessly with the speaker’s overall dynamics.
- All Polk loudspeakers are timbre-matched within their series, designed with the same components throughout, to achieve seamless speaker-to-speaker blending effects in multi-channel systems.
- High efficiency design results in sound that’s spacious and clear, warm and realistic, when combined with practically any electronics, even the most modestly-powered amplifier or receiver.
- High performance crossover system boosts performance with premium components, like mylar bypass capacitors, to extend response in the higher, more detail-oriented frequencies.
- Gold-plated, professional-style 5-way binding posts, for the most secure connection options.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV and salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
TSi Series Product Preview