Added to an existing monitoring setup, the Focal Sub One active subwoofer accurately fills in the crucial bass range in virtually any project studio, postproduction suite, or commercial recording facility. It is outfitted with two side-firing 8" Slatefiber cone woofers and dual front ports in a modestly sized cabinet that can easily fit under a desk or along a wall.
Powered by 200W of Class-D amplification, Sub One can effectively reproduce low frequencies from 32 to 120 Hz with low distortion and important micro-details. Adjustable level, phase, and low- and high-pass crossover settings enable precise tuning to accommodate sonic variances resulting from the subwoofer's placement in the room as well as the frequency response of the main monitors. With left, right, and LFE I/O on XLR jacks and footswitchable mute functionality that can be linked to other subwoofers, Sub One is designed for professionals.
- Long-excursion, high-efficiency subwoofer with two 8" Slatefiber cones made in France
- Large front vents ensure stable tonal balance and optimum integration
- Two 100W RMS Class-D amplifiers
- Reproduces sonic microdetails with great dynamics and low distortion
- Integrates easily into a room, along a wall, or under a desk
- Subwoofer level control
- Continuously variable phase from 0 to 180°
- Switchable polarity
- Defeatable high-pass crossover at 60 or 90 Hz
- 24 dB/octave low-pass crossover tunable between 45 and 120 Hz
- Selectable auto-standby mode
- Electronically balanced left, right, and LFE inputs on XLR 3-pin jacks
- Left, right, and LFE XLR outputs
- 1/4" input and outputs for pedal-controlled mute (footswitch available separately) with linking between several subwoofers