iFi ZEN CAN: Fully-balanced 1,600mW Battleship Headphone Amplifier
- Class A discrete output buffer from the flagship Pro iCAN using Op-Amp (OV2637A)
- FET input avoids loading volume control – low distortion/noise
- SE inputs (1M Ohm) ensures loading of the source so always in Class A operation
- Output amplifier gain of four steps in +6dB perfect for headphone matching
Nitro for your Headphones
The iFi audio ZEN CAN is a fully symmetric dual-mono headphone amp based on iFi's Pro iCAN’s circuit, with latest 4.4mm Pentaconn connections on input and output, and in-built 3D and XBass analogue signal circuits.
52x more power. Pump up the volume.
Laptops and smartphones have a really low power output of <1.0v. On a good set of headphones you’re always running out of juice. You never get to really hear what they can do.
Use a laptop, phone or DAC to feed your music to the ZEN CAN and connect your headphones. Pumping out 52x more power, now you’ll hear what you have been missing.
Balanced to thrill
The ZEN CAN has trickle-down Class A discrete balanced circuitry from iFi audio’s flagship Pro iCAN. With 15.1v @300 Ohms on tap, it has serious power that will make even difficult-to-drive headphones thump to the beat.
Puts you at the venue. Not other way round.
Audio recordings are made for speakers and when played back on headphones, the sound is always driving you nuts by being only in your head.
iFi's 3D special sound circuit solves this:
- Stereo image that is truly out of your head, in front with height, width & depth
- Without coloration or loss of resolution
- All analogue circuitry (i.e. without costly and complex digital signal manipulation)
Ace of XBass
Behind XBass is iFi's active EQ circuit which meets a common gripe with headphones head-on, a lack of bass.
Open-back headphones in particular, let all frequencies (especially those precious bass frequencies that the drivers generate so little of) leak freely out of the back instead of trapping and redirecting them back to your ears.
XBass equalization is a much more elegant solution to bass correction than seen elsewhere. It consists of active and passive components and its frequency response curve corrects their low-end response problems with precision.
Packed with premium goodness
Underpinning the Balanced and Active EQ circuitry are:
- Panasonic ECPU capacitors
- TDK C0G (Class 1) ceramic capacitors
- iFi/AMR ‘OV’ ‘Operationsverstärker’ series op-amps
- MELF resistors
- Texas Instruments low-noise ICs
- muRata capacitors and
- Tokyo Cosmos Electric Co. (TOCOS) multi-track potentiometer, with exceptional channel matching (use above 11 o’ clock)
Audeze LCD-2 Closed Back: Planar Magnetic Over Ear Headphones
- Planar Magnetic Headphones
- Proprietary Magnet Array
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 50kHz
- Handcrafted in the USA
A Tradition of Excellence
Experience the engaging warmth and vibrancy of the Audeze LCD-2 Classic without disturbing your neighbors! The LCD-2 Closed Back headphone is the perfect option for those looking for an accessible entry point to Audeze's world-renowned LCD line with minimal sound leakage. The LCD-2 Closed Back will truly make you feel like you’ve been transported into your own musical world.
The lineage of the LCD Origins series can be traced back to the original LCD-2. Much has changed over the years, but these headphones still retain the iconic warmth and vibrant presentation that have captivated listeners for more than a decade.
Connect to the Music
The most forgiving of the Audeze LCD headphones, the LCD Origins series offers an engaging musical experience that features powerful bass and a rich midrange. Connect to the music as though you're in the room with the musicians.
Engineered and Handcrafted in the USA
Audeze headphones are engineered and handcrafted in the USA to their exacting quality standards. The beautiful wood rings are precisely matched by grain and color for a sophisticated look to match the premium Audeze audio quality.
- LCD-2 Closed Back planar magnetic headphones
- 1.9m 1/4'' to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable
- User guide