The DLA-RS4500K is the ultimate projector for discerning individuals who want uncompromised large screen performance in their home. It represents a giant leap forward in front projection, delivering exquisite native 4K high dynamic range (HDR) images at a brightness that fills even the largest home theater screens. It features three JVC-developed native 4K D-ILA devices combined with our exclusive BLU-Escent laser phosphor illumination that delivers 3,000 lumens with a 20,000 hour operational life. In addition, the new laser light source offers dynamic light control for an infinite contrast ratio (∞:1). To further ensure that the projector delivers bright, high-quality 4K images, it features a new 100mm high-resolution lens developed specifically for 4K applications, and a new Cinema Filter for a wide color gamut.
Screen Adjustment Mode
- 2nd generation BLU-Escent™ (Laser Diode/Phosphor) Light Source with 20,000 hour life
- 3,000 lumen illumination
- 20,000 hour laser life (at full power)
- ∞ : 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- Three 0.69 inch 4K DILA (4096 × 2160) Devices
- All Glass 100mm Diameter Zoom Lens
- 18 Element, 16 Group
- Native 4K (4096 x 2160) Projected Image
- Two 18 Gbps HDMI/HDCP 2.2 Compatible Inputs
- THX® 4K Display Certified (pending approval)
- ISF (Imaging Science Foundation) Licensed
- Improved Multi Pixel Control (MPC) w/Auto Mode
- MPC Works with 4K60P (up to 4:4:4) Signals
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Compatible w/HDR10 and Hybrid Log Gamma and SMPTE 2086
- Motion Enhance (2D, 3D, 4K) w/Upgraded Clear Motion Drive
- 100% coverage of DCI-P3 color space and 80% BT.2020
- 1.4 to 2.8:1 Motorized Zoom Lens w/±100% Vertical Offset and ±43% Horizontal (16:9 aspect ratio)
- New Installation Function Memorizes 10 Positions for Lens, Screen & Masking Settings
- Control: Control4 SDDP / LAN / RS-232C / IR / 12V Screen Trigger Output / 3D Sync Output
- 3 Year Warranty
Native 4K D-ILA Device
The DLA-RS4500K employs the world's smallest Native4K D-ILA device (.69"diagonal) realizing 4096 x 2160 pixel images. It utilizes vertical orientation technology and a planarization technique that reduces light scattering and light diraction over previous devices. The result is extremely high native contrast ratios with smooth, detailed pictures without visible pixel structure even on large screens.
Laser Phosphor Light Engine
JVC's proprietary 2nd generation BLU-Escent™ laser phosphor light engine uses blue laser diodes, stationary inorganic phosphor and JVC's proprietary color management system. BLU-Escent™ enables a consistent 3,000 lumen light output. Increased brightness ensures compatibility with larger screen sizes over 200 inches, and improved HDR performance, bringing greater depth and dimensionality to home theater screens.
Using the Laser Diodes as the light source, light output can be controlled instantly enabling a contrast ratio of ∞:1. The DLA-RS4500K controls the laser output accordingly to the scene's brightness, which creates a picture that is as close to human perception as possible.
Low/Medium/High Laser Diode output settings are available with a choice of three Dynamic Control modes (Off/Auto 1/Auto 2). Additionally a full manual lens aperture is available for fine brightness adjustment.
High Resolution Lens Dedicated for 4K
An 18 element 16 group all glass lens and full aluminum lens barrel has been specically engineered for the DLA-RS4500K's 4K performance. Chromatic aberration and color fringing are minimized even when utilizing lens shift, resulting in precise projection of 4K content. In order to project 4K resolution to every corner of the screen, the new lens diameter is now 100mm, compared to 65mm used in previous JVC projectors. This lens allows a wide shift range of ±100% vertical, ±43% horizontal for a 16:9 image (±40% horizontal for a native 17:9 image).
HDR (High Dynamic Range) Compatible
HDR content such as UHD Blu-ray discs incorporate extended dynamic range, 10bit color and BT.2020 color gamut. This demands exceptional specications and exacting performance from display devices. The DLA-RS4500K, employs high native contrast ratio with BT.709 and Digital Cinema Initiative (DCI) color gamut with BT.2020 color mapping, dynamic light source control and high brightness let you experience a full complement of HDR content. HDR content from various sources can be adjusted depending on screen size and screen type based on picture preferences.