Klipsch RP-500C Reference Premiere Center Channel Speaker
Get crystal-clear sound for your movie dialogue and music lyrics with the incredible acoustics of the Klipsch RP-500C center channel speaker. Our proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology gives you a lifelike, front-row listening experience unlike any other.
- 1” Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with Hybrid Tractrix Horn
- Dual 5.25" Spun Copper Cerametallic Woofers
- Bass-Reflex via Rear-Firing Tractrix port
- Premium Scratch Resistant Ebony and Walnut Finishes
- Strong, Flexible Removable Magnetic Grille
- Dimensions: 6.81” x 18.50” x 9.5”
HYBRID TRACTRIX HORN TECHNOLOGY
Klipsch proprietary Tractrix horn-loaded technology ensures high-frequency energy of the RP-500C center channel speaker is aimed directly at the listener and reduces unwanted, artificial reverb caused by indirect sound bouncing off walls - meaning you experience the most clear, detailed, lifelike sound possible.
Klipsch Reference Premiere series speakers feature a compressed molded silicon face thats matted to the 90x90 Tractrix horn to reduces horn resonance for a smoother frequency response. Klipsch computer modeled phase plugs acts as a mechanical filter to further ensure a smooth, flat frequency response while protecting the tweeter from damage.
ALL-NEW VENTED TWEETER
- A vented tweeter design reduces standing waves behind the tweeter diaphragm for a smoother high frequency reproduction.
- The titanium tweeter diaphragm's light weight yet rigid composition exceeds the performance of aluminum, polymer or silk tweeters.
- Klipsch award-winning Linear Travel Suspension technology leverages a piston motion of the titanium diaphragm that lowers distortion and delivers real-to-life sound.
- A ceramic magnet housing provides premium performance, Klipsch Reference Premiere tweeters set the standard in acoustic reproduction.
Klipsch Proprietary Cerametallic woofers are the RP-500C center channel speaker's signature statement for both sound and aesthetics. This extremely light, rigid materials holds its shape while being able to deliver lower frequencies with maximum efficiency.
Klipsch Cerametallic cones are matted to a dual-layer, copper-wound voice coil for exceptional conductivity.
Reference Premiere woofers are housed in a non-resonating, stamped-steel basket that’s secured to a large magnet motor for exceptional efficiency and low distortion, and matched to our horn-loaded tweeters for optimal acoustic execution.
REAR TRACTRIX PORT
The rear Tractrix port of the Reference Premiere center channel speakers is perfectly matched to the cabinet and woofers, creating ideal airflow with minimal distortion or turbulence even at the lowest frequencies.
FINISHED TO PERFECTION
The RP-500C ebony and walnut finishes boast satin painted baffles with a scratch resistant design for an elegant audio solution to your home theater system.
Strong, flexible, magnetic grilles provide protection and a sleek aesthetic to compliment your home's decor.
90° x 90° SILICON COMPOSITE HYBRID TRACTRIX HORN
Horn loading maximizes efficiently and increases detail while focusing high frequencies towards the listening area. Proprietary Tractrix geometry provides the most efficient transfer of high frequency waves into the listening area. The phase plug and compressed molded silicon face ensure smooth frequency response. When combined, the cleanest, most natural sound possible is created.
LINEAR TRAVEL SUSPENSION (LTS) TITANIUM DIAPHRAGM TWEETER
The exclusive Linear Travel Suspension minimizes distortion for enhanced, detailed performance. LTS tweeters are a hallmark of previous Reference lines, making it a core component of some of the best speakers in the world.
VENTED TWEETER DESIGN
The new vented tweeter housing reduces standing waves that create unwanted harmonics, resulting in enhanced detail and clarity in high frequency reproduction.
SPUN COPPER CERAMETALLIC WOOFERS
A signature feature on the Reference Premiere series, Cerametallic woofers are exceptionally rigid and lightweight for minimal distortion and maximum efficiency. When paired with the Tractrix horn-loaded LTS tweeter, it provides the highest speaker efficiency in its class
Utilizing Tractrix geometry, the Reference Premiere ports allow for the most efficient, fastest air transfer from the cabinet, which reduces port noise for punchier low frequencies. Klipsch Tractrix ports have custom designed inner flares that help reduce air turbulence entering the port. Less turbulent air helps reduce port noise for cleaner, more powerful bass.
STRONG, FLEXIBLE, REMOVABLE GRILLE
Attaches magnetically for an elegant transition from powerful showstopper to discrete performance piece.
Copper anodized trim rings, cast aluminum feet, satin painted baffles and a laser etched logo treatment give the Reference Premiere II series a modern, premium look.
Klipsch RP-500C Ebony Center Speaker Specifications
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 60-25kHz +/- 3dB
- SENSITIVITY: 96dB @ 2.83V / 1m
- POWER HANDLING (CONT/PEAK): 100W/400W
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms compatible
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 1800Hz
- HIGH FREQUENCY DRIVER: 1” Titanium LTS Vented Tweeter with Hybrid Cross-Section Tractrix Horn
- LOW FREQUENCY DRIVER: Dual 5.25” Cerametallic Cone Woofers
- ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass Reflex via rear-firing Tractrix Port
- INPUTS: Single Binding Posts
- HEIGHT: 6.81” (17.3 cm)
- WIDTH: 18.50” (47 cm)
- DEPTH: 9.5” (22.3 cm)
- WEIGHT: 18 lb (8.2 kg)
- FINISH: Ebony, Walnut, Piano Black
- ACCESSORIES: Rubber Feet (4)
- BUILT FROM: 2018
RP-500C Center Channel Speaker Spec Sheet
RP-500C Center Channel Speaker Manual