3020i Bookshelf Speaker Pair
- 2019 Best Bookshelf Speakers as voted by The Wirecutter - "The Q Acoustics 3020i speakers stood out from more than two dozen pairs we tested because their audio and build quality is better than anything else in their price range."
- Available in Graphite Grey, English Walnut, Carbon Black or Arctic White. All are finished with an attractive chrome bezel around each driver and feature magnetic speaker grilles
- 25% increased cabinet volume from previous models delivering a larger scale sound and deeper bass
- P2P™ bracing – helps keep the enclosure extra quiet through computer aided placement of internal bracing
- Uses a 22mm decoupled High Frequency Driver with wide surround creating a wide even dispersion of stereo
- New low profile binding posts have been incorporated with sockets deep enough to accept 4mm (0.16 in) Banana Plugs
Our 3020i bookshelf speakers have an award-winning heritage, and with even more technological and aesthetic enhancements, they're unbeatable for the price. The 5" and 0.9" precision drivers deliver beautiful, room-filling sound without sacrificing aesthetics, so you get stunning sound. The 3020i speakers have a slightly taller and deeper cabinet, which allows them to gain an extended low-frequency response for an impressively large-scale sound. With decoupled tweeters, the woofer is able to perform with reduced interference. These speakers also have P2P™ (point-to-point) bracing that makes the enclosures exceptionally rigid, improving the focus of the stereo image and giving the soundstage more accuracy than ever before.
Bigger, Bolder Sound From The Q 3020i
The Q 3020i builds on the success of its multi award winning predecessor. Boasting 125mm (5 in) and 22mm (0.9 in) precision drivers, the Q 3020i speakers deliver deep bass and room-filling sound. The Q 3020i maintain the same acoustically optimal front profile but have been made slightly taller and deeper giving an overall cabinet size increase of 25%, improving low frequency response.
Leading Technology Ensuring The Most Open Soundstage
The Q 3020i boasts P2P™ (Point to Point) bracing which supports the parts of the enclosure that need to be stiffened making the new enclosures exceptionally rigid, improving the focus of the stereo image and giving the soundstage more accuracy than ever before (entire series). With the addition of a brand new mid/bass driver and a high frequency driver unit with the tweeters decoupled from the baffles, which allows the tweeter to perform with dramatically reduced interference.
High-Frequency Driver Unit
3000i Series tweeters are decoupled from the baffle via a compliant suspension system. Vibrations from the woofer, which can impair the performance of the tweeter are isolated allowing the tweeter to perform with dramatically reduced interference.
Whichever 3000i model you choose the cone is precision formed from impregnated and coated paper and teamed with a newly developed, low-hysteresis, rubber surround. The coated paper cone provides the optimum balance between stiffness and self-damping which means it can accelerate without flexing and stop very accurately without unwanted resonances.
|Crossover Frequency ||2.4 kHz |
|Dimensions ||275 x 170 x 265 mm (10.8 x 6.7 x 10.4 in) cabinet |
278 x 170 x 281 mm (10.9 x 6.7 x 11.0 in) overall
|Enclosure Type ||2-Way Reflex |
|Frequency Response ||(+3 dB, -6 dB) 64Hz-30kHz |
|Impedance ||6 Ohm |
|Minimum Impedance ||4 Ohm |
|Power Input ||25 - 75W |
|Sensitivity ||88dB |
|Tweeter ||22 mm (0.9 in) |
|Weight ||4.8kg (10.6 lbs) |
In The Box
- 2 x 3020i Bookshelf Speakers
- 2 x Speaker Grilles
- 2 x Foam Bungs
- 1 x User Manual