Revel F206 White
Revel F206 3-Way Floorstanding Tower Loudspeaker
- Transducers feature motor-system distortion-reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation
- Ribbed aluminum cones achieve piston like behavior which eliminates major sources of resonance
- Offers new waveguides which provide consistent sound over a wide listening area
- Beautiful enclosures created by Italian luxury cabinetmakers
- Features fluid-model port designs keep distortion low
- Advanced crossovers optimize timbre accuracy both on axis and throughout the room
Performa3 floorstanding loudspeakers are full-range loudspeakers in true sense with small footprints and sleek design. They are designed to deliver an impressive combination of wide frequency range, uncompressed dynamic range, and low distortion across the entire audible spectrum.
The Revel F206 has low-frequency and midrange transducers that feature distortion reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation, assuring low distortion even at high listening volumes. These precision transducers utilize ribbed aluminum cones for ideal piston-like behavior eliminating a major source of resonances which are clearly audible in most other loudspeakers. The cast aluminum frames are designed to eliminate another source of resonances that is common in many lesser-quality loudspeakers.
Revel F206 employ a sophisticated fluid-model designed low-frequency port with identical flares on both ends. This greatly minimizes dynamic compression and port-generated noise, assuring low-distortion low-frequency performance. The front-firing port location expands the speakers’ installation options.
The F206 tweeter has been created around a newly-designed motor and dome assembly setting a new standard of transparency for speakers anywhere near the Performa3’s class. It’s integrated acoustic lens waveguide is based on a breakthrough mathematical approach that accurately matches the tweeter’s dispersion to that of the midrange transducer in the crossover region. This gives the loudspeaker very smooth sound far off-axis – an important contribution to overall sound quality, providing consistent sound over an exceptionally wide listening area. In fact, this new waveguide actually increases the tweeter’s dispersion at higher frequencies.
The F206 is placed in enclosures that are similar to our flagship Ultima2 Series. These fully-curved enclosures are inherently stiffer than conventional box shapes and are formed with contiguous wood layers that prevent splitting. They feature strategically-oriented bracing that eliminates the possibility of enclosure-induced coloration. These beautiful, modern enclosures are finished in high-gloss piano black or genuine American walnut in a process (developed and overseen by Italian luxury cabinet makers) that is beyond automotive finish quality.
The F2006 loudspeaker grilles are designed to minimize sonic diffraction or veiling and provide a clean, subtle appearance. The magnetic grille attachment method completely eliminates ugly hardware on the loudspeaker baffle, so if you want to use the loudspeakers without grilles they will look like they were designed to be used without grilles.
- Description: 3-Way Floorstanding Tower Loudspeaker
- Low Frequency Extension: -10dB@23Hz -6dB@27 Hz -3dB@34Hz
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 50-200
- Sensitivity (2.83V @ 1m): 88dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequencies (Hz): 275 Hz, 2150 Hz
- High-frequency Drive Components: 1" (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Mid-frequency Drive Components: 5.25" (13.3 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Midrange
- Low-frequency Drive Components: Dual 6.5" (16.5 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast-frame Woofers
- Enclosure Type: Bass-reflex via Front-firing Port
- Input Connections: Binding Posts
- Net Weight: 58 lb (26 kg)
- Depth: 13.7" (34.7 cm)
- Width: 9.8" (24.9 cm)
- Height: 41.4" (105.1 cm)
|Sub Title||Floorstanding Speaker|
|Manufacturer Part#||F206 WH|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|