SVS SB16-Ultra - Black Oak Veneer
SB16-Ultra (Black Oak Veneer): Powered Subwoofer
- Front-firing 16-inch driver
- Rear-mounted amplifier
- Screw-in rubber feet
- Robust Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) cabinet construction
- Protective non-resonant steel mesh grille
- Black Oak and Piano Gloss Black finish options
The SB16-Ultra subwoofer is the outcome of an unrelenting passion for awesome bass performance and engineering perfection. Groundbreaking technology, rigorous design and extreme testing in real world and laboratory environments allowed SVS to achieve massive output levels, extreme low frequency extension, near-perfect frequency response accuracy, and pinpoint transient response. The SB16-Ultra is the culmination of all SVS design advancements and represents the greatest leap forward in performance and innovation since the inception of subwoofers. Moreover, the combination of 3 subwoofer firsts propels the SVS SB16-Ultra into the pantheon of all-time great audio products.
MASSIVE NEW 16-INCH SVS ULTRA DRIVER WITH UNPRECEDENTED 8-INCH EDGE WOUND VOICE COIL
This is the biggest and most formidable driver ever used in an SVS subwoofer, it was very important to meet or exceed the same supreme standards of control and accuracy as every other subwoofer SVS manufactures. One huge advancement that allows the SB16-Ultra to handle the crushing force of a 16-inch driver is the 8-inch edge wound voice coil, the largest ever deployed in a consumer subwoofer. This innovation ensures ultra-low distortion and pinpoint control at the highest drive levels resulting in incredible output and low frequency extension. By nature, larger drivers are more difficult to control, but the unprecedented voice coil design ensures accuracy in frequency response and speed in transients without ever sounding boomy.
Pushing the driver are four massive, dedicated toroidal ferrite magnets that unleash a staggering 78mm peak to peak Xmech excursion (65mm Xmax) and the highest levels of motor force and palpable SPLs. The light and rigid 16-inch Ultra driver cone consists of a premium fiberglass resin composite with optimal stiffness to mass ratio to maximize movement of air and sonic energy without ever distorting or losing control.
EXTREMELY POWERFUL, NEW SLEDGE AMPLIFIER WITH FULLY DISCRETE MOSFET OUTPUT AND 1,500 WATTS CONTINUOUS, 5,000+ WATTS PEAK POWER
Conservatively rated at 1,500 watts continuous, 5,000+ watts peak power, the SB16-Ultra Sledge STA-1500D amplifier’s 64 Amp 200-Volt MOSFETs are the sonic muscle behind arguably the most powerful and highest fidelity subwoofer amplifier ever developed. Discrete MOSFET output unbridles the nearly limitless power in the Sledge amplifier and pushes the 16-inch driver to extreme levels of performance. They also represent an upgrade over the less robust integrated circuit output stages found in nearly all other Class D subwoofer amplifiers.
Effortless power need be harnessed to ensure refined behavior and pristine output at the most demanding drive levels. The SB16-Ultra subwoofer achieves this by using the audio industry’s most advanced 50 MHz Analog Devices Audio DSP with 56bit filtering to handle the nearly limitless power, only unleashing the perfect amount of low frequency energy at just the right time.
INNOVATIVE NEW SMARTPHONE APP FOR SUBWOOFER DSP AND CONTROL
The innovative SB16-Ultra smartphone app is compatible with Apple® and Android® platforms and unleashes the full depth, force and nuance of the world’s finest subwoofer. The SVS subwoofer app controls all DSP functions and conveniently stores custom presets. It’s the easiest way to fine tune bass surpassing 16Hz at reference volumes from the comfort of your seat.
Additionally, 2-way feedback shows updates in real time on both the app and subwoofer interface and Bluetooth connectivity allows adjustments to be made even when the subwoofer is not in sight. Control is also available via IR remote and an intuitive front panel display.
ACOUSTICALLY INERT, RIGIDLY BRACED CABINET
The SB16-Ultra is built with a double thick MDF front baffle and rigid internal bracing to support the massive drive unit and to ensure an acoustically inert environment. The highly reinforced internal design eliminates any chance of coloration or resonance from the cabinet, even when the deepest low frequencies are played at reference sound pressure levels.
- Cabinet Dimensions: 20" (H) x 19.5" (W) x 20.1" (D) (without grille)
- Cabinet Dimensions (w/ grill): 20" H x 19.5" W x 22.9" D
- Shipped Dimensions: 24.9" H X 25.1" W X 30.3" D
- Weight (unboxed): 122 pounds
- Shipped Weight: 145.9 pounds
- SVS 16" Ultra-series driver
- Powder-coated cast aluminum basket
- Four high-grade ferrite magnets
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA)-optimized motor structure
- Dual shorting rings reduce gap induction and lower distortion
- Extended pole piece improves heat sink and thermal management properties
- 8-inch diameter, high-power edge wound voice coil
- 78mm peak to peak Xmech excursion (65mm Xmax)
- Upgraded Nomex spider for improved linearity and driver control at extreme drive levels
- Dual 24-strand copper and Nomex composite high-temperature leads provide a pristine electrical connection from the amplifier to the voice coil
- Premium glass fiber laminated dustcap and reinforced composite cone sub-structure ensure a light, ridged, and neutral radiating surface
- Low-creep rubber long-throw surround for excellent durability and longevity
- Sledge STA-1500D DSP amplifier
- 1,500 watts RMS continuous (5,000+ watts peak dynamic)
- Efficient and cool-running Class D topology
- High resolution 50Mhz Analog Devices Audio DSP with double precision 56bit filtering is most advanced subwoofer processor available for perfect audio reproduction
- Active PFC (Power Factor Correction) ensures the cleanest 1500W output regardless of your home mains supply
- XLR and RCA stereo input/output with ultra-wide input voltage for consumer and professional audio applications
- Convenient front-mounted display with subwoofer controls and 8 digit LED display
- Groundbreaking Subwoofer Control and Bass Management Smartphone App for
- Apple and Android Devices
- IR Remote Control
- Three user adjustable parametric EQs
- Continuously variable volume/gain control
- Continuously variable (0-180 degrees) phase control
- Continuously variable (50-160 Hz) 12 dB/octave low pass filter frequency with disable/LFE setting
- Main power rocker switch
- Auto-On / On / Trigger Controls
- 3-12V trigger with 1/8" (3.5 mm) TRS mini-jack input
- Green standby mode with > 0.5 watts consumption
- Input impedance 22kohm (RCA)/ 22kohm (XLR)
- RoHS compliant, lead-free construction and world-wide safety certifications
- Detachable power cord
FREQUENCY RESPONSE / ACOUSTIC DATA :
- 2-meter ground plane away from reflective structures (quasi-anechoic)
- Roll-off slope specifically optimized to take maximum advantage of available room gain
- 16-460Hz ±3 dB
|Sub Title||Powered Subwoofer|
|Shipping Offer||AUTHORIZED DEALER - FULL WARRANTY - FREE SHIPPING|