The AT-BHA100 balanced headphone amplifier is designed to deliver unmatched audio quality from high-resolution sound sources, and is ideal for use with hi-fi headphones such as the ATH-ADX5000, ATH-MSR7b, and those in the ATH-AW Series. This compact desktop unit is compatible with Direct Stream Digital (DSD) and other high-definition formats to reproduce every detail of the original recording.
The AT-BHA100 features a hybrid system of vacuum tubes and power transistors to enhance the beauty and warmth of amplified sound. It employs four completely independent amplifier circuits, a high-quality New Japan Radio MUSES8820 operational amplifier, and specially designed low-noise relay switches to emphasize the depth and warmth of vacuum-tube sound. A four-layer board structure with high-quality audio-grade components from Nichicon, WIMA, and Shinyei Capacitor ensures rich, natural audio.
The amplifier is equipped with a 4.4 mm TRRS jack and a 4-pin XLR terminal, plus a low/high gain selector switch, allowing it to accommodate a wide range of balanced headphones with varying sensitivities and impedances. It also has two 6.3 mm (1/4") outputs with independent volume controls that can be used simultaneously for comparative listening.
- Hybrid system with vacuum tubes and power transistors enhances the beauty and warmth of amplified sound
- Four independent JJ Electronic ECC83S preamp vacuum tubes deliver superb depth and sense of presence in the amplified sound
- Four power transistors (one for each powered amp circuit) are capable of high-power performance to handle the wide dynamic range of sound sources with high sampling rates
- Completely independent four-circuit structure, with separate left/right amplifier circuits and balanced hot/cold circuits, helps suppress crosstalk for a rich sound field
- High-quality New Japan Radio MUSES8820 operational amplifier highlights the depth and warmth of the vacuum-tube sound
- Specially designed low-noise relay switches offer excellent dynamics that emphasize the spaciousness and vibrancy of the sound
- Nichicon chemical capacitors contribute to the low-frequency characteristics of the audio, leading to powerful bass
- WIMA and Shinyei Capacitor film capacitors create smooth, low-distortion sonic characteristics for natural, clear sound
- Four-layer board structure, with independent layers for signal circuits, power circuits, and ground circuits, ensures greater signal stability for rich, low-frequency control
- Low/high gain switch offers support for a wide range of headphones with varying sensitivities and impedances
- Two balanced outputs – 4.4 mm TRRS jack and 4-pin XLR terminal – are compatible with a wide range of balanced headphones
- Two 6.3 mm (1/4") outputs can be used simultaneously with independent volume controls
- RCA line-through output allows for switching between headphones and powered speakers
- All sides of the amplifier are vented for improved dissipation of heat and a superior signal-to-noise ratio through reduced thermal noise
- Compact unit can be set up vertically or horizontally
- Large-capacity external AC adapter separates the power supply from the main unit for reduced noise