AudioQuest DragonFly Black USB DAC/Headphone Amp
- Delivers cleaner, clearer, more naturally detailed music to headphones, powered speakers, and complete audio systems
- Plays all music files: MP3 to high-resolution
- Compatible with Apple and Windows PCs, as well as Apple iOS (5 and newer; requires Apple Camera Adapter Kit) and Android (4.1 and newer; requires Made for Android adaptor)
- Employs high-performance ESS 9010 minimum-phase, 32-bit decoding and sophisticated analog volume control for exceptionally low distortion
- Offers rendering for MQA (Master Quality Authenticated) audio files with firmware update
- Medium output (1.2 volts) drives a wide range of moderate- to high-efficiency headphones
The size and shape of a USB thumb-drive, DragonFly Black is a digital-to-analog converter with a USB plug at one end and a 3.5mm mini-jack at the opposite end.
Compatible with Apple OS X and Windows (7, 8.1, 10) PCs, DragonFly Black can be plugged into a USB port to bypass the host computer’s compromised audio circuitry and deliver cleaner, clearer, more naturally beautiful sound to headphones, powered speakers, or complete audio systems.
Thanks to its low-noise, high-efficiency Microchip MX270 microcontroller, DragonFly Black draws extremely low power from the host, enabling seamless compatibility with Apple iOS and Android mobile devices. DragonFly Black requires no additional drivers and plays all digital files—from MP3 to high-res (with native resolutions up to 24 bits and 96kHz).
It features StreamlengthTM asynchronous USB code, which ensures low jitter, low resource load, minimal packet errors, world-class audio playback, and reliable connectivity between DragonFly and any computing device compliant with USB Host Mode. DragonFly Black’s 32-bit ESS 9010 DAC chip uses a sophisticated minimum-phase digital filter to provides more naturally detailed and dynamic music, while the analog volume control enables maximum resolution regardless of volume setting: With DragonFly Black connected to a PC or mobile device, adjusting the host’s volume control will adjust DF Black’s onboard volume.
With an output of 1.2 volts, DragonFly Black delivers enough power to successfully drive all preamplifier, integrated amplifier, or receiver inputs, as well as a wide range of today’s efficient headphones.
AudioQuest’s free Desktop Device Manager application allows for software upgrades to meet future technological advancements. DragonFly Black, delivers an emotionally compelling listening experience, at home or on the go, with the computer or mobile device of your choice.