AudioQuest Evergreen, Stereo 3.5-Millimeter Headphone to RCA Male Cable
AudioQuest believes good cable design is all about damage control. In AQ's view, the perfect cable would be one that adds nothing — no noise, no distortion — to the original signal. Even AudioQuest's affordable Evergreen cables embody this philosophy. They bring together some of AQ's most advanced designs and materials, for excellent sound quality from a cable that's relatively thin and lightweight.
- SOLID LONG-GRAIN COPPER (LGC) CONDUCTORS
- Double-Balanced Asymmetrical Geometry
- Gold-Plated Plugs
- Metal-Layer Noise-Dissipation System (NDS)
- Foamed-Polyethylene Insulation
This is the evergreen 3.5-millimeter to RCA audio interconnect cable.
Solid Long-Grain Copper (LGC) conductors eliminate strand-interaction distortion. Evergreens solid Long-Grain Copper allows a smoother and clearer sound than cables using regular OFHC (Oxygen-Free High-Conductivity) copper. LGC has fewer oxides within the conducting material less impurities less grain boundaries and definitively better performance. Any solid material adjacent to a conductor is actually part of an imperfect circuit.
Evergreen uses air-filled foamed-polyethylene insulation on both conductors because air absorbs next to no energy and polyethylene is low-loss and has a benign distortion profile.
Metal-layer Noise-Dissipation System (NDS) prevents captured RF Interference from modulating the equipment’s ground reference. It prevents a significant amount of RFI from reaching the equipment’s ground plane.
Purpose designed for single-ended applications, Asymmetrical Double-Balanced Geometry offers a relatively lower impedance on the ground for a richer and more dynamic experience.
- length: 1 meter/3.3 feet
- stereo cable with a male miniplug (3.5mm) connector at one end, and dual RCA connectors at the other
- solid Long-Grain Copper (LGC) conductors help improve performance
- foamed polyethylene insulation for low distortion
- metal-layer NDS (Noise Dissipation System) shields against RF interference
double-balanced asymmetrical cable geometry separates the ground and shield for quieter performance
- green and black striped PVC jacket
- cold-welded, gold-plated connectors feature a solder-less design for lower distortion
- warranty: 5 years