GoldenEar SuperCenter XL Ultra-high Performance Center Channel Speaker
The SuperCenter X features:
- HVFR (High-Velocity Folded Ribbon) tweeter for clear and detailed sound with minimal distortion
- two 5-1/4" mid-bass drivers with cast baskets for added rigidity
- two 6-3/4" x 8" quadratic planar bass radiators to enhance low-frequency response
- frequency response: 36-35,000 Hz and sensitivity: 91 dB for optimal sound reproduction
- 8 ohm nominal impedance and recommended amplifier power: 20-250 watts for compatibility with a wide range of amplifiers
- binding post speaker terminals for easy connection
- removable magnetic grille for a sleek and stylish look
The larger SuperCenter XL benefits from dual 6-3/4˝ x 8˝ quadratic planar low frequency radiators, giving it significant low frequency extension and exceptional dynamic range. The SuperCenter XL is perfect for larger home theater systems.
The SuperCenters are high performance center channel speakers appropriate for the highest quality home theater systems. They are designed to perfectly complement and match our Triton Towers and Aon Bookshelf loudspeakers, both sonically and cosmetically. Their sophisticated industrial design is both attractive and functional, both minimizing their apparent size as well as enhancing their acoustic performance.
These center channel models incorporate a D’Appolito Array of two newly developed long-throw 5-1/4˝ bass/midrange drivers surrounding one of our signature High Velocity Folded Ribbon (HVFR) tweeters. The 5-1/4˝ drivers incorporate spiderleg cast baskets for rigidity and minimal internal reflection, as well as our unique multi-vaned phase plugs (MVPP), to minimize cross-apex wave propagation interference. They also utilize top-mounted pressure-coupled quadratic planar low frequency radiators that both extend the bass response as well as provide the bass/midrange drivers with ideal acoustic loading and damping. Only 1˝ of clearance is required above the bass radiators.
Sonically, the SuperCenters offer the same lifelike, highly detailed, high-resolution, smooth, open, boxless sound quality that our SuperSat centers are famous for, but with additional low frequency extension and greater power handling capacity for greater dynamic range and impact.