The fusion of LPs and iFi Audio's ZEN Phono creates pure magic for vinyl enthusiasts. With the ZEN Phono, your cherished vinyl collection reaches new heights, offering unparalleled performance that can accommodate both MM/MC cartridges, a super-silent noise floor at -151dBV, and a precise RIAA curve with balanced output that rivals phono stages priced at over $1,000.
What sets the ZEN Phono apart is its commitment to delivering an impeccable vinyl experience. Unlike entry-level phono stages, it offers an extensive gain range from 36dB to an impressive 72dB. The addition of an AI sub-sonic filter addresses record warping without compromising bass or causing phase issues, ensuring pristine sound.
Hiss is the bane of phono stages, but the ZEN Phono ingeniously sidesteps this issue with its high-tech clean power supply, generating a 1.2MHz power supply, 20,000 times higher than the mains frequency. This, combined with substantial noise filtration, rivals the performance of well-designed LC filtering circuits seen in classic tube amplifiers. Additionally, the isolated 'island' PCB prevents any noise interference with the analog stage, resulting in a super clean +/- 12V DC supply.
The iFi Audio ZEN Phono's measured Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) of -151dBV sets it apart, offering a remarkable 20dBV reduction in noise compared to some Stereophile Class A+ phono stages rated at -131dBV.
The meticulous design extends to the EQ circuit, featuring multiple TDK C0G capacitors in parallel for unparalleled stability and minimal distortion. These capacitors, with their low tolerance and parallel configuration, ensure an astonishing +/- 0.15dB RIAA EQ tolerance, rivaling hand-selected capacitors.
Beneath the hood, the iFi Audio ZEN Phono boasts premium audio components inherited from its ultra-fidelity AMR PH-77 and iFi iPhono counterparts, enhancing the already exceptional circuit design. To top it off, the intelligent sub-sonic filter, borrowed from the iPhono range, removes troublesome 'rumble' without compromising the bass or introducing phase issues, ensuring an all-around impeccable vinyl experience.
- MC (v lo): 72dB (+/- 1dB)
- MC (lo): 60dB (+/- 1dB)
- MC (hi): 48dB (+/- 1dB)
- MM: 36dB (+/- 1dB)
AI Sub-sonic Filter
- Remedies only the 'warp' in LPs
- No negative impact on bass response
Max Output Voltage (RMS)
- 20V RMS bal output into 100k (< 1% THD & N)
- 13.5V RMS bal output into 600R (< 1% THD & N)
- BAL: 200 Ohms resistive
- SE: 100 Ohms resistive
- MM: 47K Ohms (Load: 110pF)
- MC High: 47K Ohms
- MC Low: 1K Ohms
- MC V Low: 110 Ohms
- 94dB(A) MM re 2V BAL/1V UNBAL
- 80dB (unweighted 80kHz BW) MM re 2V BAL/1V UNBAL
- 84dB(A) MC Hi re 2V BAL/1V UNBAL
- 71dB (unweighted 80kHz BW) MM re 2V BAL/1V UNBAL
- 90dB(A) MC lo re 2V BAL/1V UNBAL
- 79dB (unweighted 80kHz BW) MC lo re 2V BAL/1V UNBAL
- 79dB(A) MC vlo re 2V BAL/1V UNBAL
- 69dB (unweighted 80kHz BW) MC vlo re 2V BAL/1V UNBAL
EIN (Equivalent Input Noise)
- 0.6nV/Hz (unweighted) MC lo/vlo
- 6.5nV/Hz (unweighted) MM/MC hi
- < -110dB / 0.0003% MM re 2V BAL/1V UNBAL
- < -80dB / 0.01% MC lo re 2V BAL/1V UNBAL
- < -86dB / 0.005% MC vlo re 2V BAL/1V UNBAL
- 160(l) x 113(w) x 35(h) mm
- 6.3" x 4.4" x 1.4"
iFi Audio Zen Phono User Manual