AWC265: AWC Series All Weather Speaker
- Quick and easy installation
- High Performance C-CAM bass and high frequency drivers
- Stainless Steel 'Trimless' grille – strong and resistant to corrosion
- Non-ferrous Samarium Cobalt magnets for grille attachment – prevent rust and corrosion
- IP55 certified for extreme climate conditions: Salt Spray, UV stability, Water, Vibration, Anti-corrosion
- Patented Tri-grip Dog-leg fixings for easy, long-lasting installation
- EPDM barriers to prevent moisture. EPDM is an extremely durable synthetic rubber membrane (ethylene propylene diene monomer)
- Gold plated push terminals with silicon cover
- Stainless fixing screws with Silicone covers
- Tweeter level attenuation (internal) – set prior to installation
- Applications: pool rooms, bathrooms, marine deck, universal outdoor installation
- Optional square grille can be used with this model
Built to Beat the Weather Gods
The AWC265 is developed using all C-CAM driver systems derived from Monitor Audio's critically acclaimed hi-fi speakers, it features a stylish two-way 6-1/2" C-CAM bass driver.
The AWC Series design deploys materials selected for stability across an extremely wide temperature range. Protecting the drive systems are low profile trimless grilles, engineered from high-grade stainless steel and fixed using special non-corroding rare earth magnets for easy utility.
The rear of each model is completely encased in tough mineral-filled polymer to prevent the ingress of dirt and moisture, and where it meets wall or ceiling a layer of specially formulated EPDM barrier material ensures a long-lasting waterproof seal. Also at the back, silicon-guard-protected push terminals are joined by high frequency level adjustment controls, designed to optimize response in a range of environments from wide open spaces to tiled pool areas.
Easy and Secure Installation
Trouble-free and secure installation is offered through Monitor Audio’s innovative Tri-Grip fixing system, which is easier to install than conventional ‘dog’ fixings and provides three times the clamping surface area for a better surface seal, maximizing bass response and mid-range clarity.
Performance, Luxury and Utility all-in-one
Monitor Audio’s premier all-weather in-wall/ceiling designs are created to offer the best weather-proof audio option available. This means award-winning sound quality from proven technologies in a stealthy fully-fitting format, certified and protected from the extremes of climate to provide years of high audio performance, whatever the weather!
The AWC Series joins Monitor Audio's established 'Climate' range of weather-proof cabinet speakers to extend the choice of robust all-weather options available from Monitor Audio's wide architectural speaker line-up.