Revel S206 2-Way Surround Channel Loudspeaker
- 2-Way Surround Loudspeaker
- Dual 6.5-in (16.5 cm) Aluminum Cone, Cast- frame Woofers
- 1-in (2.5 cm) Aluminum Tweeter with Acoustic Lens Waveguide
- Features Ribbed aluminum cones to achieve piston like behavior eliminating major sources of resonance
- Transducers feature motor-system distortion-reduction mechanisms that stabilize the flux field during operation
- New waveguides provide consistent sound over a wide listening area
- Offers enclosures created by Italian luxury cabinetmakers
- Fluid-model port designs keep distortion low
- Advanced crossovers optimize timbre accuracy both on axis and throughout the room
The Revel Performa3 S206 surround-channel loudspeaker offers smooth, uniform response over a very wide listening area, enabling it to produce a lifelike surround-sound environment to enhance your entertainment’s realism for multiple listeners. It has two sets of transducers which operate in a bi-polar configuration to maximize the speaker’s timbre match with that of other Revel Performa3 speakers and further integrates the entire system’s sound into a spacious, enveloping surround-sound environment.
The S206 tweeters are designed with an integrated acoustic lens waveguide which is based on a breakthrough mathematical approach that accurately matches the tweeters’ dispersion to that of the low-frequency transducers in the crossover region. This gives the loudspeaker very smooth sound far off-axis – an important contributor to overall sound quality, providing consistent sound over an exceptionally wide listening area. In fact, this new waveguide actually increases the tweeter’s dispersion at higher frequencies.
The S206 enclosure has strategically-oriented bracing that eliminates the possibility of enclosure-induced coloration.