The AT-DAC100 digital-to-analog converter is designed to deliver unmatched audio quality from high-resolution digital sound sources, and, when complemented by the AT-BHA100 headphone amplifier, is ideal for use with hi-fi headphones such as the ATH-ADX5000, ATH-MSR7b, and the ATH-AW Series. This compact desktop unit is compatible with a variety of high-definition formats, including 768 kHz, 32-bit (linear PCM) and 22.4 MHz (DSD) audio, allowing you to hear a recording’s every detail.
The DAC’s two-channel AKM AK4452VN converter offers a high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion. And, unlike conventional DACs, the AT-DAC100 is uniquely tuned to suppress high-frequency noise output, delivering accurate playback of high-resolution sound sources and making the unit ideally suited for use with the AT-BHA100 balanced headphone amplifier. The low-pass filter section of the DAC features the audio-grade LME49860 operational amplifier from Texas Instruments for low distortion and superior attack performance.
The unit features a high-quality Analog Devices power supply and audio-grade Nichicon chemical capacitors and WIMA film capacitors. It is equipped with USB-C, USB-B, optical, and coaxial inputs, so you can enjoy high-quality streaming and playback from a variety of high-resolution sound sources.
- Support for 768 kHz, 32-bit (linear PCM) and 22.4 MHz (DSD) audio lets you fully enjoy these high-resolution sound sources
- A two-channel AKM AK4452VN converter offers a high signal-to-noise ratio and low distortion
- Unlike conventional DACs, the AT-DAC100 is specifically tuned for vacuum tube preamplifiers – it suppresses high-frequency noise output for precise playback of high-resolution sound sources
- High-quality Analog Devices power supply provides the stability to ensure accurate reproduction of the sound source
- Audio-grade Texas Instruments LME49860 operational amplifier offers low distortion and superior attack performance, resulting in a perfect balance of high-resolution and low-frequency content
- Operational amp is combined with a low-distortion, low-noise metal thin-film resistor to create a high-quality filter circuit
- Nichicon chemical capacitors contribute to the low-frequency characteristics of the audio, leading to powerful bass
- WIMA film capacitors create smooth, low-distortion sonic characteristics for natural, clear sound
- Two USB inputs (USB-C and USB-B) and two additional digital inputs (optical and coaxial) enable connection to a variety of devices
- Compact unit can be set up vertically or horizontally
- Large-capacity external AC adapter separates the power supply from the main unit for reduced noise