Focal Kanta N°1 Bookshelf Loudspeakers - Pair
- Combines performance and compactness
- Extended bass frequency response
- Transducers integrating Focal’s latest technologies
- Speaker drivers developed and manufactured in France by Focal
- Optional stand for optimal integration - Sold Separately
- Numerous standard finishes
This bookshelf loudspeaker from the Kanta N°1 line will discreetly blend into any unit or stand: it is the perfect solution for rooms under 270 ft2 (25 m²). Entirely dedicated to acoustic performance and with a resolutely personal aesthetic: that, in a nutshell, is the Kanta DNA! After three years of research, Focal offers a new combination of exclusive technologies: the marriage of Beryllium, in the next generation IAL3 tweeter, and Flax, for the midrange and bass speaker drivers. The result? A precise, detailed sound, brimming with warmth and musicality. It is the start of a new era for those who love sound... There’s a surprise in store right from the start of your listening experience, in the form of the extent of the bass frequency response for its dimensions. When positioned in an enclosed space such as this, or near to a wall, a piece of foam can be slid into the vent to optimise the bass even further.
Another strong point of the line is its bold look that puts the finishing touch on this acoustic masterpiece with a resolutely modern and disruptive design.
Marriage of materials - BERYLLIUM AND FLAX
For the very first time, a Flax sandwich cone speaker has been combined with a Beryllium tweeter. Flax is the answer to the low mass/rigidity/damping equation, leading to sound clarity and precision. This unique Flax/Beryllium combination gives music incredible warmth and musicality. Made in France, this patented flax cone has already proven itself in Focal home and in-car speakers. The midrange speaker uses TMD (Tuned Mass Damping) suspension, and every Kanta speaker is also equipped with an NIC (Neutral Inductance Circuit) motor, which stabilises the magnetic field for perfectly defined sound and better controlled bass.
Cabinet-work - HIGH DENSITY POLYMER
Everything is designed and made to create acoustic softness and warmth: the density and stiffness of the front panel and cabinet materials, softened angles and double port vents. The front panel is made of a new material to suit the acoustic parameters. It is moulded in one piece from High Density Polymer (HDP). This material has excellent performance: it is 70% denser than MDF, 15% stiffer and provides 25% more damping. The one-piece front panel totally eliminates any sound diffraction. Kanta incorporates Power Flow technology with two vents, on the front and rear faces, to limit bass compression.
New tweeter - DISTORTION IS THE ENEMY
Focal's research is geared towards reducing distortion in every register. With Kanta, the treble register is reproduced by a new pure Beryllium tweeter. This IAL3 tweeter combines the IAL (Infinite Acoustic Loading) and IHL (Infinite Horn Loading) tweeters features, both of which help with the absorption of waves, thus lowering the tweeter frequency.
DESIGN - PERFORMANCE MEETS STYLE!
Focal's engineers have revisited their choice of ‘Focus Time’, which corrects speaker alignment, making them the same distance from the ear. The cabinet is made in one-piece integrally moulded wood. The Zamac base also brings out masses of character. With its spikes and cups, the base provides great stability from a very small footprint. Final details: the glass-covered top and magnetic grilles. When these are removed, they reveal the speakers' flax cones, the final design touch that gives Kanta its unique look.
Focal Kanta N1 Bookshelf Speakers Specifications
- Type: 2-way bass-reflex bookshelf loudspeaker
- 1 x 61/2"(16.5cm) Flax bass-midrange with TMD suspension and NIC motor
- 11/16" (27mm) ‘IAL3’ pure Beryllium inverted dome tweeter
- Sensitivity: (2,83V/1m) 88dB
- Frequency Response: (+/-3dB) 46Hz - 40kHz
- Low Frequency Point: (- 6dB) 42Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Minimum Impedance: 3.9 Ohms
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25 - 150W
- Crossover Frequency: 2,400Hz
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 16 39/64 x 9 7/32 x 15 25/64" (422 x 234 x 391mm)
- Net weight (with front grille): 28.1lbs (13kg)
- Packaging dimensions (HxWxD): 24 1/64 x 14 3/8 x 20 5/64" (610 x 365 x 510mm)
- Total weight (including packaging): 33.1lbs (15kg)