Focal Stellia Closed-Back Headphones
HI-FI CLOSED-BACK HEADPHONES
This very high-end circum-aural headphones manufactured at Focal is equipped with a new generation of exclusive electrodynamic speaker drivers, capable of working at low acoustic load while offering an extremely extensive frequency response (5Hz – 40kHz). Thanks to the many cutting-edge technology which are integrated in its speaker drivers (the frameless 100% copper voice coil, ‘M’-shaped pure Beryllium dome), Stellia delivers a perfect sound, whether bass articulation or the highest frequency details. In addition, Stellia’s offers extremely low impedance at 35 Ω, making the headphones very easy to drive through the output of a mobile audio source: experience the purity of sound, everywhere.
Each component has been developed with optimal acoustics in mind, without compromising on style. Because at Focal, innovation goes beyond technology; it influences product use and aesthetics. So, the two cognac and mocha finishes and the full-grain leather choosen sublimate this unique object.
Stellia uses the headband and yoke mechanical features originally developed for the Utopia headphones. The consistent curve between these two elements offers flawless comfort, regardless of the shape and size of the listener’s face and head. This comfort is enhanced by the high-resilience memory foam used for the earpads.
EXCEPTIONAL SPEAKER DRIVERS
‘M’-shaped pure Beryllium dome, frameless 100% copper voice coil, new surround… are technologies which offer exceptional dynamics for closed-back headphones and contribute to the reproduction of the tiniest sound details at both high and low frequencies. The respect of the original audio signal is unfailing and the neutrality is flawless, for voices and trebles of astonishing realism.
The Focal engineers worked to achieve the pure sound: vents are integrated to extend the speaker driver’s frequency response; an EVA foam positioned behind the speaker driver absorbs high frequencies; acoustic diffusers break up standing waves to obtain sound reproduction that is free of interference...
Stellia soundproofing capacity has been further enhanced by its closed design and thanks to the earpads whose 50% of their height is designed to diffuse sound through a non-perforated full-grain leather and 50% absorbs the audio signal through an acoustic cloth which covers the memory foam.
- These headphones require a running-in period in order to operate at their best.
- They will run themselves in naturally after several hours of listening time.
- If you want to speed up the process, we recommend playing very bassy music through them for at least 24 hours at a relatively high volume.
- This will stabilise the speaker drivers and allow you to get the very best out of your headphones.
What's in the box:
- Focal Stellia owner's manual
- Over-ear headphones
- 10' Audio cable with 4-pin XLR connector
- 4' Audio cable with straight 3.5mm plug
- 3.5mm-to-1/4" Adapter (installed)
- Zippered hard storage case
- Accessory storage box
- User Manual
- Operating Instructions
- Beryllium - Precautions of Use
- Focal story
- Advisory on properties of leather components