Sonus Faber Gravis II Powered Subwoofer with 400W Class AB Amplifier
BLAST FROM THE PAST
Sonus faber is not new to the arena of subwoofer design and engineering. The first subwoofer project, the Gravis FB100, was launched back in 1986, later followed Cremona M subwoofers. Today, with the new Gravis collection, Sonus faber returns to its roots, incorporating cutting-edge technology while maintaining its identity of natural sound and quality Italian hand-craftsmanship.
THE COMPLETION OF THE PINNACLE
Gravis I and II are the smaller subwoofers of the Gravis Collection.
These speakers have been designed to be easily integrated into every living environment and ideally matched with almost every kind of audio and audio/video system. In addition Gravis I and II are the perfect match for their loudspeaker siblings: the Sonus faber Sonetto Collection.
Gravis I and II deliver incredibly powerful performance from compact subwoofers.
The connection with the Sonetto family is clear: From the leather top, soft to the touch and embellished by the hot branded Sonus faber logo, to the finishes; Matte, White, Piano Black, Wood, and Wenge.
Speaker Unit and Sound System
A 10" Ultra Long Throw down-firing speaker unit and a front firing 10" aluminum alloy diaphragm passive infra-bass radiator, along with a high current 400W Class AB AMP.
The Rear Panel
Gravis II's rear panel features a complete connectivity solution that allows for both perfectly blended musical sub basss and powerful, percussive, home theater bass. A wide sound field reproduction is the result whenever this subwoofer unit is matched with a loudspeaker system. It's sound is rock-solid, fast and has startling depth.
- Drone cone phase-inverter loading, active subwoofer
- 1 x 260 mm (10”) long throw, treated paper cone, wide rubber surround LF unit
- Drone cone: 1 x 260 mm (10”) long throw, treated paper cone, wide rubber surround ABR unit
- High linearity Class AB
- 350 W (nominal), 700 W (peak)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE
- @ - 6dB, from 25 Hz to Fc (user adjustable)
- MAINS INPUT VOLTAGE
- Factory selected, 120 Vac – 60 Hz or 230 Vac - 50 Hz
- T6.3A (110 Vac, 60 Hz); T3.15A (230 Vac, 50 Hz)
- Independent Master and LFE volume controls;
- Continuously adjustable Crossover frequency (30 to 120 Hz), slope 24 dB/oct; Signal phase inversion switch (0/180°)
- AUDIO SIGNAL INPUTS
- LFE (Low Frequency Effect), mono RCA plug;
- LINE, mono RCA plug;
- HIGH LEVEL, Neutrik 4-pole Speakon©
- POWER CONSUMPTION
- 0.5 W (Stand-by)
- 450 W (Rated power)
- DIMENSIONS (HXWXD)
- 404 x 356 x 408 mm including feet
- 15.9 x 14 x 16 in including feet