An update of the AT-ART7, the AT-ART9XA non-magnetic core MC cartridge features a Shibata stylus on a 0.28 mm diameter solid boron cantilever.
The “ART” in the model number stands for Audio-Technica Reference Transducer, a designation that we give only to our flagship phono cartridges. Compared with the magnetic core used in most MC cartridges, non-magnetic core cartridges are free from magnetic distortion, allowing for natural timbre and a precise sound field.
The AT-ART9XA has been designated an Audio-Technica Excellence Product, a recognition that identifies products that meet our highest standards of high-fidelity performance.
Although conventional non-magnetic cores struggle with output voltage, the AT-ART9XA features a newly designed coil armature with an improved output voltage of 0.2 mV (1 kHz, 5 cm/sec). The dual moving coils (fashioned from high-performance PCOCC wire) are aligned in an inverted V shape to provide high separation and wide response. Threaded cartridge mounting holes make installation to a headshell or integrated tonearm incredibly easy.
- Non-magnetic core moving coil cartridge offers superior spatial representation
- Dual moving coils are aligned in an inverted V shape, providing high separation and wide response for clear sound localization and minimal distortion
- Shibata stylus ensures accurate high and mid-low range reproduction, and the 0.28 mm diameter solid boron cantilever provides excellent response characteristics
- Neodymium magnet and permendur yoke significantly increase magnetic energy
- Redesigned coil armature provides an output voltage of 0.2 mV (1 kHz, 5 cm/sec)
- PCOCC coils ensure high-fidelity transmission
- Machined aluminum base supports both the magnetic circuit and the vibration system, ensuring excellent playback stability
- Hybrid body of machined aluminum and high-rigidity plastic reduces undesirable parasitic resonance
- Threaded cartridge mounting holes allow easy installation to a headshell or integrated tonearm