- Separate Bluetooth, DAC and amp stages – individually optimized for maximum performance
- Built-in mic for hands-free calls when paired with your smartphone
- Balanced twin-mono circuit design with Direct Drive equals ultra-low distortion
- Fully-balanced and S-Balanced outputs make the most of all headphone types
- Advanced Bluetooth module with QC5100 chipset handles every HD format
- All the latest 24-bit-capable Bluetooth audio formats are supported - AAC, SBC, aptX, aptX HD, aptX Adaptive, aptX LL, LDAC, LHDC/HWA
- Bluetooth implementation avoids typical 40% quality drop found with standard Bluetooth
- Future codecs can be added
- Weighs only 26g
- 10 hour battery
HD Bluetooth 5.1
The way iFi implements Bluetooth is anything but ‘run of the mill’ and despite its diminutive size the GO blu is no exception.
The use of Qualcomm’s latest four-core QCC5100 Bluetooth processing chip ensures that every current high-definition Bluetooth audio format is supported.
- aptX Adaptive and aptX HD
- LDAC and HWA/LHDC
- regular aptX and aptX Low Latency
- SBC (plain vanilla Bluetooth)
Three. Unique. Stages.
Most pocket-size Bluetooth DAC/headphone amps incorporate all-in-one ‘system on a chip’ solutions to deliver input processing, digital-to-analogue signal conversion and amplification. These are simple and cost-effective, but they cannot compare with expertly designed, individually optimized circuit stages when it comes to sound quality.
Uniquely for a device of this type and size, the GO blu’s clever design packs in separate Bluetooth + DAC + Amp stages, each engineered in distinct blocks to deliver the ideal combination of cutting-edge specification and superb sound. Others just don’t this level of execution.
The Bluetooth stage makes full use of Qualcomm’s latest four-core QCC5100 Bluetooth chip and supports every current high definition format.
This then feeds the DAC stage with a Cirrus Logic 32-bit DAC chip at its heart. This is coupled with a customized digital filter to minimize pre-echoes and ringing artefacts, and a precision clock system to ensure ultra-low jitter, thus reducing errors and distortion in the digital audio signal.
The amp circuitry benefits from symmetrical twin-mono signal paths and utilizes iFi’s Direct Drive design concept – direct-coupled to ensure a clean signal path without distortion-inducing output coupling capacitors. The amp stage delivers up to 5.6V (twice the voltage of others) – considerably more power than other similarly sized devices – handling even relatively tough headphone loads with ease. To ensure signal strength suits the sensitivity of the connected headphones or earphones, auto-gain adjusts output up or down by 6dB.
Swiss Chronograph Design & Implementation
- Brass supporting column with anti-corrosion
- Brass locking nut with anti-corrosion
- Precision 304 stainless steel bearing
- 304 stainless steel main dial with beryllium cobalt copper coating
- High-purity nickel push-button spring
- Precision CNC machined AL6063 aluminum push button
The GO blu boasts a Pentaconn 4.4mm output enabling headphones equipped with balanced connectivity to take full advantage of the GO blu’s balanced amp design.
In addition, the 3.5mm output benefits from iFi’s proprietary S-Balanced circuitry. This cuts crosstalk and related distortion in half when used with regular, single-ended headphone connections, this is especially beneficial with high-sensitivity in-ear monitors.
Both outputs are gold-plated to resist tarnishing and thereby maintain optimum contact quality.
- Planar Magnetic Headphones
- Proprietary Magnet Array
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 50kHz
- Handcrafted in the USA
A Tradition of Excellence
Audeze has taken their current generation LCD-2 drivers and removed the Fazor elements, aligning the sound of the LCD-2 Classic with that of the original LCD-2 launched in 2008. The result is a warm and energetic musical experience that heralds back to the early days of Audeze without sacrificing the sound or performance improvements we’ve made over the past decade. Whether you’re an old fan of the original LCD-2 or a brand new Audeze customer looking for an affordable introduction to the LCD line, the LCD-2 Classic is a great option for you!
Much has changed over the years, but these headphones still retain the iconic warmth and vibrant presentation that have captivated listeners for more than a decade.
Connect to the Music
The most forgiving of the Audeze LCD headphones, the LCD Origins series offers an engaging musical experience that features powerful bass and a rich midrange. Connect to the music as though you're in the room with the musicians.
- LCD-2 Classic planar magnetic headphones
- 1.9m 1/4'' to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable
- User guide and warranty card