McIntosh XR50 Compact Bookshelf Speaker
- The XR50 speakers deliver uncompromised sound quality in a compact design. They produce a dramatically larger sound than their size would suggest when powered by a McIntosh amplifier.
- McIntosh engineers have created the perfect marriage between powerful McIntosh amplification and the new McIntosh speaker collection. The company’s speaker development center in Binghamton, NY includes a full size anechoic chamber; an invaluable tool in the design of this new generation of loudspeakers.
- Available in Gloss Black and Red Walnut, the XR50’s high-gloss finishes and fine cabinetry will be welcomed in the most elegant environments.
- The XR50 speakers produce a full, three-dimensional stereo sound stage that belies their compact dimensions.
- Designed for use with 75 to 300 watts, the XR50 may be powered by large amplifiers without strain.
- The McIntosh front panel emblem can be illuminated using the Power Control facility on complimentary McIntosh components.
- Patented McIntosh speaker wire binding posts are provided for the most secure connection with all cables.
XR50 is a cleverly engineered compact bookshelf speaker that produces the rich, full sound one would expect from much larger speakers. Fine gloss wood finishes are offered in Black and Red Walnut. The magnetically attached grill is acoustically transparent and covered with a neutral black cloth. Unique front panel McIntosh logo may be illuminated when used with McIntosh components.
"Killer compact speakers with power and joy of playing."
— Lyd & Bilde
Amplifiers from 75 to 300 watts are appropriate power for XR50. An additional connection passes on Meter Illumination Control for compatible power amplifiers. When connecting the XR50 3-way bookshelf speaker to an amplifier, it is important to use cables of adequate size so that there is no signal loss. This bookshelf speaker can be used in both music and home theater systems.
- Impedance nominal: 8 ohms
- Power rating: 75 to 300 watts
- Frequency response: 40Hz to 45kHz
- Midrange type: Inverted titanium dome
- Number of tweeters: 1
- Tweeter size: 0.75"
- Tweeter type: Titanium dome
- System type: Ported 3-way bookshelf
- Grille: Black knit cloth
ListenUp has the only factory-authorized McIntosh service center in the Denver metro area.