Focal Theva Center Channel Speaker
- Speaker Drivers Made in France
- Slatefiber Technology - Clear and detailed dialogues
- Loudspeaker base tilts for perfect sound rendering
- TNF Tweeter
- Balanced Midrange and powerful Bass
- Magnetic Grill
- Optional Theva Center Stand - Available for purchase separately
Theva Center is the centre speaker from the Theva line. It is the perfect companion for the loudspeakers in your Home Cinema system. Boasting an Aluminium/Magnesium TNF tweeter and two Bass/Midrange Slatefiber speaker drivers, Theva Center enhances the clarity of dialogues from any film, with an impressive level of detail. It has been designed to be placed on a piece of furniture or on its stand (available as an optional extra), enhancing interiors with its elegant, refined design
Focal Technologies and Expertise
Made in France in Focal's workshops, all the speaker drivers in the Theva line are born of Focal’s unique know-how. They incorporate Focal's Slatefiber technology, a cone made from recycled non-woven carbon fibres and thermoplastic polymers from discarded aeronautical and automotive parts. It delivers excellent performance, reproducing a dynamic, rich and balanced sound.
First seen in the Chora line, this cone has proven its worth across numerous products and several divisions, since our engineers have used it to develop the Alpha Evo studio monitors and even the Slatefiber in-car kits.
Also made in France, the Aluminium/Magnesium TNF tweeter – already present in the Chora loudspeakers – offers a mellow, clear treble. With its outstanding performance, it was the obvious choice for Focal's Theva loudspeakers.
With Theva, you’re guaranteed to enjoy flawless quality. After Chora, every detail was reviewed and redesigned to create loudspeakers that are robust and refined from every angle. Here are the key areas Focal has concentrated on:
- An additional front panel, for the perfect finish and no risk of detachment on the front.
- An increased perceived value with a metallic, screen-printed Focal ring around each speaker driver. It also ensures Theva is coherent with all Focal's other lines.
- A vent now placed on the rear of the loudspeaker, for a sleeker finish on the front. This also reduces the size of the enclosures, particularly the one housing the Theva N°1 bookshelf loudspeaker, which is much more compact in comparison with Chora N°1.
- A fold in the vinyl at the back of the loudspeaker to avoid any detachment.
- The addition of a slimmer loudspeaker to the range, Theva N°2, perfectly suited for smaller settings, with an even more attractive profile.
- A light base for the Light Wood versions for even more sophisticated products. Likewise for the grilles, designed to coordinate with the finishes: a beige grille for the loudspeakers with a light finish. Every detail has been considered.
- A tweeter minus its grille and surrounded by a chrome ring for an understated front piece.
- The Focal flame beneath the speaker drivers on all the loudspeakers in the Theva range.
Focal Theva Center Channel Specifications
Type 2-way closed centre speaker
- 2x 61/2" (16.5cm) slatefiber Midrange/Bass
- 1" (25mm) Al/Mg inverted dome TNF tweeter
Bandwidth 59Hz – 28kHz
Low-frequency cut-off 51Hz
Nominal impedance 8Ω
Minimal impedance 3.8 Ω
Recommended amp power 40 – 200W
Crossover frequency 2100Hz
Dimensions (HxWxD) 83/8"x207/8"x101/4" (21.2x53x26cm)
Net weight (with grille) 22.05lbs (10kg)
Box dimensions (HxWxD) 125/8"x243/8"x153/8" (32x62x39cm)
Net weight (with packaging) 26.46lbs (12kg