Focal Theva N°3-D Reference Home Cinema Floorstanding Loudspeaker
- 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker, Dolby Atmos compatible
- Full-range speaker driver with directional baffle for Dolby Atmos effects, as though you had speaker drivers in the ceiling
- Directional baffle for accurate and localised Atmos effects
- Slatefiber technology for immersive and dynamic Home Cinema sessions
- Better sound image thanks to Time Alignment; sound focused on the listener
- Refined design
Theva N°3-D is the reference Home Cinema loudspeaker from the Theva range. In combination with front channels and a vertical channel, this loudspeaker spatialises all your listening experiences in the most spectacular way. Thanks to the speaker driver located on the top, the sound waves are reflected off the ceiling to reproduce 3D Dolby Atmos sound effects. With Theva N°3-D, dive head first into the films you watch!
Focal Technologies and Expertise
Made in France in Focal's workshops, all the speaker drivers in the Theva line are born of Focal’s unique know-how. They incorporate Focal's Slatefiber technology, a cone made from recycled non-woven carbon fibres and thermoplastic polymers from discarded aeronautical and automotive parts. It delivers excellent performance, reproducing a dynamic, rich and balanced sound.
First seen in the Chora line, this cone has proven its worth across numerous products and several divisions, since our engineers have used it to develop the Alpha Evo studio monitors and even the Slatefiber in-car kits.
Also made in France, the Aluminium/Magnesium TNF tweeter – already present in the Chora loudspeakers – offers a mellow, clear treble. With its outstanding performance, it was the obvious choice for Focal's Theva loudspeakers.
With Theva, you’re guaranteed to enjoy flawless quality. After Chora, every detail was reviewed and redesigned to create loudspeakers that are robust and refined from every angle. Here are the key areas Focal has concentrated on:
- An additional front panel, for the perfect finish and no risk of detachment on the front.
- An increased perceived value with a metallic, screen-printed Focal ring around each speaker driver. It also ensures Theva is coherent with all Focal's other lines.
- A vent now placed on the rear of the loudspeaker, for a sleeker finish on the front. This also reduces the size of the enclosures, particularly the one housing the Theva N°1 bookshelf loudspeaker, which is much more compact in comparison with Chora N°1.
- A fold in the vinyl at the back of the loudspeaker to avoid any detachment.
- The addition of a slimmer loudspeaker to the range, Theva N°2, perfectly suited for smaller settings, with an even more attractive profile.
- A light base for the Light Wood versions for even more sophisticated products. Likewise for the grilles, designed to coordinate with the finishes: a beige grille for the loudspeakers with a light finish. Every detail has been considered.
- A tweeter minus its grille and surrounded by a chrome ring for an understated front piece.
- The Focal flame beneath the speaker drivers on all the loudspeakers in the Theva range.
Focal Theva N°3-D Specificatons
Type Bass-reflex 3-way floorstanding loudspeaker
- 2 x 61/2" (16.5cm) Slatefiber bass
- 61/2" (16.5cm) Slatefiber midrange
- 1" (25mm) Al/Mg inverted dome TNF tweeter
Bandwidth 48Hz – 28kHz
Low-frequency cut-off 39Hz
Nominal impedance 8 Ω
Minimal impedance 2.9 Ω
Recommended amp power 40 – 250W
Crossover frequency 270Hz – 2700Hz
Dimensions (HxWxD) 401/8"x83/8"x151/4" (101.9x21.2x38.8cm)
Net weight (with grille) 48.5lbs (22kg)
Box dimensions (HxWxD) 455/8"x133/8"x187/8" (116x34x48cm)
Net weight (with packaging) 58.42lbs (26.5kg
Type 1-way closed
Speaker Driver 5" (13cm) full-range speaker driver
Bandwidth 100Hz – 20kHz
Low-frequency cut-off 90Hz
Nominal impedance 6 Ω