Focal Theva Surround Wall-Mount Speaker
- Slatefiber technology to complete the Home Cinema system and remain consistent with the Theva range
- Quick and easy mounting using the wall attachment delivered with the loudspeaker
- Sleek design, metallic ring: refined, meticulous finishes
Theva Surround is the wall-mount speaker from the Theva range. It completes your Home Cinema system and can be placed in different spots to enjoy total sound immersion. Boasting an Aluminium/Magnesium TNF tweeter and a Slatefiber Bass/Midrange speaker driver, it spatialises every listening experience. This loudspeaker blends seamlessly into any room thanks to its sleek black finish.
Focal Technologies and Expertise
Made in France in Focal's workshops, all the speaker drivers in the Theva line are born of Focal’s unique know-how. They incorporate Focal's Slatefiber technology, a cone made from recycled non-woven carbon fibres and thermoplastic polymers from discarded aeronautical and automotive parts. It delivers excellent performance, reproducing a dynamic, rich and balanced sound.
First seen in the Chora line, this cone has proven its worth across numerous products and several divisions, since our engineers have used it to develop the Alpha Evo studio monitors and even the Slatefiber in-car kits.
Also made in France, the Aluminium/Magnesium TNF tweeter – already present in the Chora loudspeakers – offers a mellow, clear treble. With its outstanding performance, it was the obvious choice for Focal's Theva loudspeakers.
With Theva, you’re guaranteed to enjoy flawless quality. After Chora, every detail was reviewed and redesigned to create loudspeakers that are robust and refined from every angle. Here are the key areas Focal has concentrated on:
- An additional front panel, for the perfect finish and no risk of detachment on the front.
- An increased perceived value with a metallic, screen-printed Focal ring around each speaker driver. It also ensures Theva is coherent with all Focal's other lines.
- A vent now placed on the rear of the loudspeaker, for a sleeker finish on the front. This also reduces the size of the enclosures, particularly the one housing the Theva N°1 bookshelf loudspeaker, which is much more compact in comparison with Chora N°1.
- A fold in the vinyl at the back of the loudspeaker to avoid any detachment.
- The addition of a slimmer loudspeaker to the range, Theva N°2, perfectly suited for smaller settings, with an even more attractive profile.
- A light base for the Light Wood versions for even more sophisticated products. Likewise for the grilles, designed to coordinate with the finishes: a beige grille for the loudspeakers with a light finish. Every detail has been considered.
- A tweeter minus its grille and surrounded by a chrome ring for an understated front piece.
- The Focal flame beneath the speaker drivers on all the loudspeakers in the Theva range.
Focal Theva Surround Specifications
Type 2-way closed surround speaker
- 61/2" (16.5cm) Slatefiber Midrange/Bass
- 1" (25mm) Al/Mg inverted dome TNF tweeter
Bandwidth 80Hz – 28kHz
Low-frequency cut-off 67Hz
Nominal impedance 8 Ω
Minimal impedance 4.5 Ω
Recommended amp power 25 – 100W
Crossover frequency 3000Hz
Dimensions (HxWxD) 171/2"x121/2"x41/4" (44.3x31.6x10.7cm)
Net weight (with grille) 12.13lbs (5.5kg)
Box dimensions (HxWxD) 22"x181/2"x71/8" (56x47x18cm)
Net weight (with packaging) 15.43lbs (7kg